Difference between addicted player and 'normal' player

Difference between addicted player and ‘normal’ player that’s what came on my mind today. So what do you think. Anyway anyone addicted on KCD :grinning:

1 Like

I’d answer, but KC:D isn’t gonna play itself…

9 Likes

I’d say the difference between the two is how many hours per real life day are we dedicating to the game, and if we can use the save and quit feature when real life happens.

So…anything less than 2 hours means casual. 2-5 hours per day is probably a normal player. 5-24 hours is someone addicted.

There’s probably some allowance for actual free time required.
If we’re looking at e.g. mid-30s family men, often lucky to even have 2 hours to themselves, then 2 hours might absolutely be addicted.

4 Likes

True. I’m 30 at present, but I play a lot.

Do you guys even know what addiction means? Calling someone addicted for playing games 5 hours+ a day is harsh.
I’d say addicted player would be someone who plays pretty much all the time and thinks about it all the time at school, work etc. That kind of player puts gaming before everything which makes his results at school and work suffering. Normal player can be pretty much the same but he knows that real life is more important than virtual life. I think thats the main difference.
Saying that, I’ve been playing games all my life, sometimes even 12 hours a day or more when all nigthers were a thing with my friends. :wink: I still play it all day sometimes but that doesn’t make me an addict as I still have social life, great body, and I’m about to become engineer in couple of months.

1 Like

That’s a good point. I don’t think the usual definitions of addiction are normally applied though. Gaming being so completely frivolous, a lot of people (including my wife :roll_eyes: ) tend to think of it as an addiction if you put it before anything at all.

Last night i was playing. Gave myself a sidequest to steal a full plate set of armor. Just in case to store in my trunk.

Lots of battles and adventures later i stumble upon a grave.
Off course i dig it up and inside was a 1k cuirass chains gloves groschen some dice.
It was as if i found a treasure special for my playstyle.

No map markers no quest. Just me in the world.

Damn i am an addict now

I am getting Carpal tunnel syndrome. Need to use fast travel more :smiley: (I play more RPG style with my 2nd gameplay)

If I wouldn’t get to play games for more than 2 hours each day (with exceptions of course e.g visiting friends) I would just give up on gaming. I mean, that’s not enough time to do anything, at least not for me (exceptions here as well e.g linear FPS) especially not in a RPG.