Disable intro ads?

Hello all.
I found an older topic close to this, but it was more about trying to skip the actual movie that plays while loading which would not be possible as the game needs to load. And Im sorry if this isnt in the right place I didnt know where to put it with the categories listed. What I want, is to skip the ads at the very beginning even before the loading movie, is there a way to do this? Also, how soon will we be able to customize our key settings? Thanks in advanced.

1 Like

No, but you can tab out or silence it using Windows. The game needs to load, and you can’t skip it until it has loaded.

When the full version is released.

Hi. Im not talking about the little movie with the king etc while the game is loading, im talking the ads at the very start of booting the game before the loading movie starts.

I told you how you can ignore them, but the game needs to load. Tab out and turn the sound off, and you won’t see them. When the game is loaded, tab back.

They don’t need to be there for the game to load. There have been games where removing them is possible, loading takes the same amount of time, but there isn’t any annoyance involved. I don’t expect an official way to remove them, a but there’ll probably be a mod.

1 Like

You still dont understand. Im not talking about the little movie with the king and his son, thats when the game is loading, Im talking before that. There is a Cryengine ad and then the Warhorse studios ad. They are all EXTREMELY loud on my computer and so is the loading movie with the king, I literally have to turn down my desktop volume to 1/2 each and every time I run the game so it wont blow my speakers then turn it back up after it loads and my volume slider settings take effect. Those ads and the loading movie with the king should all be effected by the volume sliders, but they are not. That is some of the reason why I want to avoid as much of those ads as I can, but also because it gets the game loading faster of course. The loading movie with the king I understand you cant avoid because the game is actually loading at that point, but thats different from the starting ads, understand?

They are not “ads”, lol, and no you cannot skip them. That is like saying that Steven King’s name is just an ad on his books. The game was made with CryEngine by Warhorse Studios.

I do understand. The answer is still no. I’m not sure how many times you need me to say it. Tab out if they bother you and mute the sound. The game is still loading in the background.[quote=“CWB, post:6, topic:31647”]
I literally have to turn down my desktop volume to 1/2 each and every time I run the game so it wont blow my speakers then turn it back up after it loads and my volume slider settings take effect.
[/quote]

Yes, I did the same thing. Although I muted the sound from the PC.

They are in fact Ads at the front of the loading before the actual loading even starts. And in most games you can find ways to skip them outright, such as renaming certain folders etc.

Devs can we get a response here??

The beta will never be updated. The next release is the final retail version. What you have now is the final beta version. Unless you want to get heavily into modding yourself at a programming level, they can not be skipped.

1 Like

Its normally doesnt require anything but renaming a few files or folders, not heavy programming. But thanks for the reply.

I’ve seen games where it’s as simple as renaming or deleting video or sound files to skip them, but in those cases they are skippable. You press escape, or space, and it skips. By removing the file, it simply skips that step and continues. That’s not the case here.

If it were possible, I’d be happy to tell you how. It’s not. The devs won’t be updating it, and no one has found anything since it was released a year ago, so the answer is no. It’s not possible. Not with the skill set you have of renaming files.

3 Likes

Ok then thanks.