Discovery mode

Hi, will it be in KCD Discovery mode as in Assassin’s Creed? Just to enjoy the open medieval Bohemia land without fighting, quests and limitations? Something like a virtual museum for non-players.

3 Likes

I was also thinking about this, it might be a pretty good idea… possibly as a DLC? There’s no chance they’re going to include it this late into development.

Maybe modders can bring it to us

isnt that how the game is basically being shipped? you will be able to explore the world without taking any quests if you choose to just wander around provided you can defend yourself and find enough to eat.

the food issue i expect to have a console command and fighting can probably be modded in yes

3 Likes

I mean mode without cheats where you do not have to buy food, fight aggressive animals, bandits or have access to any house, location, castle, etc. In short, people who have never played anything can enjoy the Middle Ages.

well it’s not really the middle ages when it’s just a sanitized landscape. what makes it the middle ages is everything you mentioned, the animals to hunt for food, the bartering for goods and services, the people, the culture, etc, the dangers and intrigues inherent in a feudal society, of towns overlooked by castles.

so if it’s just a mode where you can fly around and look at things, probably easily done with fly command, and maybe freeze ai command.

otherwise, just wander around the game as you normally would, ignore the quests and enjoy medieval czech republic.

1 Like