Distinguishing users by types

I don’t know how this forum works, but if @warhorse could setup a type of user like “Baron” and assign the users to it so they will have the tag Baron beneath their user name, they could use the card suit or chess pictograms like for the knight would look like “♘ Knight” or “♞ Knight”(for some other type of knight) or “♗ Pope”. Of course, this are mac fonts and I don’t know if other systems could see it, but just an idea.

1 Like

They did have those really intricate designs a while ago, But It was hard to distinguish

Also I’m not quite sure of the order of all the different teirs…
To make it easy to Identify they should perhaps design simple crests and have roman numerals in them…

So:
SAINT = I
ILLUMINATUS = II
POPE = III

SOLDIER = XV
PEASANT= XVI

Eg:

When I first signed up here, there were custom tags for all the different pledges :confused:

Yes, but what I mean is to distinguish faster between users. If they an ★ or an ☆ besides their tag one can assume that they are different before even read what is the tag about. Of course using :frowning: and :slight_smile:︎ would not be that great.

And the system should refuse users with the characters in their nicks.

I don’t get why this matters? All this does it gives another chance for those who can give me a chance to be more flamboyant about their choice.

encourages jealousy and general upset. Pointless promotion.

4 Likes

It matters. Not to you, of course.

Maybe there could be an option to hide tags so you don’t feel offended when seeing that one user is Pope.

It does not offend me, I just feel it’s a pointless mechanic. If I care how much someone has funding I would ask.

But you are correct this is just my side of things and I can not sympathise with those who want tags as I can not see the appeal.

And there are a lot of people that like to show their status, for example, what type of computer they have, what games they played, what type of car they own, where they live, how they dress up, how they cut their hair, etc. But I ask, they want others to be jealous or show that they made something worthwhile, show that they beat the dragon, slay the monster and it is the rightful owner of their sword/castle?

I’m not sure what status I am, can you tell on your home page?

not all of those are about status, and not all of those are motivated by vanity, but yeah, people do care about status, and it’s pretty sad and pathetic. why emulate them?

Elaborate more please.

And remember that there are a couple of threads (or more) just to see if people got their tags.

Why does it bother you? It makes the person feel better about themselves and doesn’t affect you in anyway. I say let them be and if you don’t care about your status why do you care if other flaunt their own?