DLC Now? a critical discussion in a civil way please

It doesn’t make sense to release DLCs when they still didn’t manage to control the base game, despite releasing it 4,5 months ago… It could be a disaster, a shot in the foot… The rush is never a good advisor.

First fix and get everything tight and correctly working, then focus on new content… Warhorse, if you’re a small team, why do keep expanding your duties? If you overload your work, you can’t use anymore the argument of “small team” but incorrect planning/excesive ambition. Please, keep your phylosophy and vision, don’t get tempted by easy money and business advisors.

Games don´t work like that. A programmer does not do all possible functions. You have specific people, for specific jobs, such as 3D artists and such. And no, you cannot just convert them to bug fixer. Those 3D artist will have a job to do with the DLC, and bug hunters/fixers will have plenty of bugs to fix. They work simultaneously. This is the same for Heroes and Generals, people also make such comments but it is really simple in that sense. Just as a baker won´t be great at skinning, a 3D artist won´t fix quest issues.

1 Like

I agree in the sense that artists and environmental designers can still work on new DLCs, even KCD2, but if you still have bugs and gameplay issues, hire more people in the QA/QC and get everything tight. Use programmers and technical people to fix bugs as well, it’s also about priorities.

Okay well now we are on an economical issue. You can´t just ´´hire´´ new staff that easy. It would mean there would be suitable people to hire, people that want to work for a manageable price. Also staff is something for the long run, you don´t just hire someone from that paycheck for a few weeks or months and then ditch them. It would costs a lot of money. You are really simplifying things way too much.

1 Like

Why is my constructive criticism flagged? There’s no offense in any sense, just my humble opinion. Kirksty, stop censuring comments you don’t like… Not a great trend this forum is getting, if moderators let few people impose their own opinions as facts.

Everything ok for now….

1 Like

Sorry? I alone cant censor comments. Even if they were obvious bait… I’m not a mod

As soon as you’re qualifying anything with an adjective as bait/fake without any single detailed argument and so on when it’s an opinion, you’re not helping either.

Moderators, I have a question. If most of the issues/conflictivity comes from a few users in the forum, isn’t it wise to draw some attention to them when they have been originated/involved in many disputes? If not, it feels as if anyone could be spreading lies and causing conflict for the sake of it without consecuences and rule the forum to their own mischief, and at the end the forum loses its valuable aim: to share opinions, recommendations and constructive criticism about the game.

1 Like

I’ve spoke to a few and there’s no system in place for this. I want to block 2 people but for some reason this seems to be the only forum on the internet that you cant

1 Like

Of course I’m not managing the company and I agree that it’s a very complex matter, but I’m only saying my impression.

On the other hand, you mention it as if they didn’t get any benefits from making the game (selling more than 1 million is a great achievement and good income), and my guess by their actions is that they might be investing more effort in future DLCs than hiring more people to properly fix the game and stop introducing new bugs (hopefully). It’s about priorities: keeping some impacient players happy (I’m waiting until the game is polished) or recover some of the confident lost by making solid patches that fix most of the issues and bring back some of the gameplay with was removed (Vavra said he would do his best to get everything back, but still didn’t see much gameplay additions).

You see that often on the forums of many games. There are always people who could wait a life time for a bug free game. Sadly, it would not be a good business decision and many people do want regular updates and DLC´s, including me personally. I don´t even encounter that many bugs to be honest and when looking at Steam and Streamers, neither do they at the moment.

1 Like

I will not start a discussion here now.
First and foremost, we do not judge the content of the posts. As long as they comply with our forum rules.

Everyone can mark posts. If that is not enough, then please contact us directly.

Exclusions to this forum can and should only be decided by a higher authority than we moderators.

It’s a bit like any democracy. It just has to cope with something like that.

This answer will not please everyone, but tolerance is and never was easy.

So please go back to Topic.

3 Likes

KCD had far less bugs than other OW games. Even by Bethesda and Rockstar. Just goes to show how powerful WH have become.

We should have a way to block some people so we don’t see them

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply. I understand that your functions are limited. I’m not saying ban people, but at least draw some attention to behave when they have been the origin of 5 threads closed, for instance. Just suggesting, I respect your job.

On the other hand, can you please tell me how to block another user? He keeps sending me accusative private messages and I’m a bit sick of it…

Not really fair to compare games to Bethesda when talking about mods. Bethasda and mods are one, In our Dutch dictionary we have it written something like this (TRANSLATED)
Bug: Bethesda, to make things not work, 1) to Bethesda, to make something not work.
Even withcer 3 had bugs, all games do. And this game does not even have too many annoying ones after 3 months.

Easy. Just invite one of our Moderators and report that it’s inappropriate. Now we can see what’s going on and take Action…

2 Likes

I’ve tried talking to him privately to get his personal issues out rather than in the public forum. That’s the adult way to deal with it. Out of interest, Is he OK to insult me privately? Since this is all he did but he’s happy to slander me here. I think that is against the rules.

Also this game seems to run better with DLC. Anyone else have this? Its awesome.

It’s easy to generalise and feel above it, but as soon as it happens to you, you’ll lose temper at some point.

On the other hand, isn’t it risky to release more content if they still have struggles with the core mechanics in the game, AI, encounters and so on? I know, it’s a difficult balance between getting people that already finished the game happy for coming back, but also to keep some solid base players for the long term with a more polished version. Well, that’s how you get temporal contracts for a project and move on, it happens in every sector… you will need them in the future as well.

I’m not going to wait years for getting the best version, that’s for sure. However, I’m still waiting for the new gameplay additions that they were going to add (the cut content) but so far, bug fixing and slight performance improvement. I love the game, don’t get me wrong, but there’s still huge room for improvement (e.g. random encounters are very static, always happen in the same spots and get extremely predictable…). If only they could add more dynamism…