DLC Treasures of the past

At least in the Wine and Roses DLC for Witcher 3 you acquired a vineyard with a villa that you refurbished allowed you to display some armor and weapons and pick out paintings. It was too bad you couldn’t start making wine.

1 Like

They could have done better with the AI for the settlers and gave us better places to build like in the big industrial sights that were ran by raiders on gunners.

yeah, preston :roll_eyes: building settlements is/was too much in the weeds. :persevere: give me another farmer and then they produce stuff for Rattay (etc) to improve supply at grocer etc and maybe town reputation. that’s kind of the level of detail i’m interested in. that loosely coincides with a lord’s role

1 Like

ya, that oversized alley in the middle of downtown was stupid and the one WAY out of nowhere with a non removable radio station too.
shoulda allowed more of a building removal/renovation ability too.

2 Likes

I think mods is the only thing that is keeping those games alive. If KCD had mods on console I would probably never play another game lol. My life would be over

1 Like

don’t forget to attend the next meeting of KCD anonymous! :smile:

same here. i know Dunia isn’t WH’s version of CryEngine, but even having a FC5-ish map editor (available on consoles btw) would go a very, very long way for me.

Sexy Biscuit just joined our Little group🙂 Welcome Sexy Biscuit if you can.

Nope. Same deal on PC. Steam’s charging $5 USD.

The only value from this super lightweight DLC are the maps IMO. They’ve encourage map exploration. But what value is there in that when you’ve already done just that and/or revealed the entire map by means of perks etc?

And I also can’t tell the difference in value between these supposedly unique maps in the DLC & what’s already existing in the game by Treasure maps I - XII etc. They all lead to varying degrees of treasure of capped value. But by the time you collect all of these plus the ones already in the game, the novelty of treasure hunting will have likely worn off. And you’ll have most likely screwed the game economy. There isn’t any balance to the existing economy once you accumulate over $2-$3k gold from hunting, looting & selling bandit/cuman armor etc etc.

But seriously though. HTF can they justify that price tag? Skyrim’s HF DLC cost the exact same amount with 30hr+ immersive realsim/sandbox w/ child & pet adoption.

Talk about raping players blind :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That is kinda what I thought.

and then I paid it :cry:

I’m guessing the next full blown story DLC will be $15 US or more. and only 20 hours

1 Like

it’s an investment :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Looks like it. I think I heard someone say it would be 60 I think.

At least for the next 2 acts down the road.

then that’ll be KCD 2 as in the witcher 2, witcher 3

1 Like

That is kinda what they are doing. They will do what they promised the backers and probably move on to act 2 which will be another 60 bucks.

They could give us some free update stuff like the Easter update but that is about it.

they could put out a smaller DLC with a bunch of little stuff asked for that would be in the $15 +/- range.

1 Like

I hope they do , but idk

Somebody please give me a sanity head shrink

According to WHS former Kickstarter goals here:

It seemed as though BOTH acts I & II were released for the game back in Feb based on how the game is designed to leave players hanging? HOWEVER, if you check the rewards Description (bottom of page) and the backer ranks, it now seems that only Act I was released? And that Act II will be delivered in another 7 months from now (based on Feb release), with Act III 9 months after that?

So given that WHS is still focused on patching this beta release, what Act(s) is the player base really testing? Act I? Acts I & II? And regardless of what Act(s) we’re currently beta testing, will WHS be able to honor their Kickstarter goals and push out the remaining Acts for the game on schedule?

1 Like

And they are all 60 bucks😠 Which really sucks. I think they should be DLCs.

But I really don’t know how everything works yet.

My understanding was that they planed on making three games. The first game had three acts(as most stories do). But by the time they finished act two they had plenty of content for a game and an impatient publisher so they released early.

1 Like