Documentary

Quote is wrong. It was never marketed as a pc release, ever. The chances of it going on console were tied with the success of the kick starter project, same with pc. Warhorse never expressed doubts of it not making to consoles.

1 Like

Hahahahaha Youā€™re very specialā€¦ :drooling_face: Poor boy, you were too cocky, disqualifying without any proofā€¦ and now, that the evidences contradict you clearly, you still keep on denying the realityā€¦

Moving the goal posts? Show me specifically in what Iā€™m supposedly lying or bullshitting, Iā€™m very much looking forward (SOURCES) :wink: If only you could buy some dignity, but itā€™s not possibleā€¦ Itā€™s better to stay quiet and look as a fool than talking and confirming it :kissing_heart:

Starting to look very ridiculousā€¦ :lying_face:

Proof of what exactly?

All the claims here are being made by you. Youā€™re splitting hairs saying ā€œconsoles were never for sure confirmedā€, using that logic neither was the pc release, because the kickstarter may have been unsuccessful.

You never provided proof for this.

Absolute bs right here.

More bs here, they never planned on porting the game.

1 Like

Impressive! Such is the levelā€¦ Post-truth means lie, donā€™t get confusedā€¦ Seriously, take your time to think, no rush :wink::lying_face:

You sound like Trump, by the wayā€¦ High intelect, no doubt.

Well thanks for proving to us how completely full of shit you are by not linking any evidence to back up your claims. :grinning:

1 Like

I have already provided you enough evidences, but your brain is so small to cope with being wrongā€¦ Do you have Dunningā€“Kruger effect, in its dumb sense?

ā€œThe cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.ā€

Until no evidences from your side are brought, youā€™re just a kid saying irrespective adjectives; hence, a waste of my time. When you act as a mature person, Iā€™ll be glad to prove you wrong again. Kisses :kissing_heart::drooling_face:

So what word do you prefer in lieu of marketed for the non-asterisks

Planned platforms: PC, Xbox One*, PS4*, Mac, Linux

Thatā€™s verbatim text from the Kickstarter link

Mac and Linux were actually planned as well, confirmation was probably not given.
Guys, stop saying shit in this topic. Itā€™s about documentary and not your egos. Leave your rants in private messages. I will block this, if you continue.

1 Like

What shit am I saying?

When you are calling yourselves names and put the person to shame. Just talk about topic or leave your rivalries for private messages. Itā€™s not only about you, other people also contribute with personal criticism. I also do not like spam, if thereā€™s nothing to say, better think about something, donā€™t start fights. Forum is flooded with this shit all around and I have to skip through tens of spams every day because you prefer to hate each other and focus less on talking to the topic or game criticism itself.
Even Tobi mentiones in video. Itā€™s easy to accuse someone and he hopes Dan was less impulsive or something along those lines. Sometimes itā€™s misunderstood, and hatred fuels more hatred. I am happy people are curious but not arrogant.

Perhaps you intend that for Jdofo and Sir Warriant. I didnā€™t call anyone names.

Yeah, you mention Tobi and one of the things I told him (in response to things he said in vid) was that some people just cannot be persuaded no matter how much logic, facts, experience you bring to the table (eg patient asserts to clinician allergic to sugar; glucose is sugar; allergic to glucose ā€” RL example btw). This forum wonā€™t escape that problem.

Jdofo mentions that the WH documentary isnā€™t very self critical. Not wrong vis a vis elements promoted in kickstarter vid (dungeons, large battles, warhorses, sandbox) that havenā€™t made it into maiden WH product. That said, documentaries donā€™t have to be self critical

When I think of promoted videos, they are looking like different game than what was delivered. The visual style. Another thing is, it might be related to all three acts as well, as huge battles which did not happen, while clearly WHS updated backers with news of unaccomplished stretch goals and some technical difficulties implementing some features.
Despite I was also interested to get into huge battles in video, there were other things that disappointed me more than cut content. Except maybe one, animals are not aggressive and stand idle when I shoot them. The scripted formations, yes, there are formations which disperse after engaging enemy, they do not fight side by side. Itā€™s one vs one. I didnā€™t like them at all, I stood nearby maybe 20 men who didnā€™t engage me because of formation untill they reached checkpoint where they dispersed in few numbers towards me. Maybe Iā€™m too affected by Mount and Blade combat at this point. Another problem is archers were idle, I just slaughtered them. When shooting at enemies. They stand still, donā€™t block, they run little towards me but stop again, like come on. Such flaw here. Itā€™s caused by their low visibility, I had many opportunities to sneak in heavy armor close to enemies without notice, they reacted last second before I took them down. Another thing, crime system which feels rewarding and not Punishing. I only spent time in jail because I was rude to noble, other than that I either convinced guards or ran away, or they simply killed me. It surely affected relationships and I had to pay them or indulgences but feels too much easy when I steal so much gold compared to the fine I must pay. Even with Ashes DLC, there is still lots of Groschen left to no use because itā€™s simple to find all the good stuff in loot. There are certainly expensive armors at the beginning but only slightly better later on when you donā€™t really need them.

Reality hit WH square between the eyes (to answer my own question above)

Not a backer so the failures or shortcomings to deliver things mentioned during that period carry no special weight.

As a pre-order consumer, I took the game they way it was. I like it. The non-hostile boars, the oblivious deer, the dumber than hell NPCs that surrender tactical advantage, the post-completion artifacts, etc bother me as they seem to bother you. That said, I could let all that go if something else came out in the wash.

Iā€™m sure the future DLC will be interesting. But, ashes suggests WH donā€™t fully understand, appreciate or care what KCD players want beyond a superficial level. Ashes certainly isnā€™t a sandbox, and it isnā€™t much of a home as you cannot bathe, launder, mend stuff.

This got me thinking about the planned DLCs and the elements proposed in Kickstarter. Yes, I listened to more recent videos in which Daniel talks about pulling the plug on horses, etc. I understand why they didnā€™t make it for 13FEB2018 launch. What Iā€™m less clear on is the future. It would be nice and appreciated to have follow up from WH [never, later (eg ~Q2 20xx), or next game] on those Kickstarter elements not yet in KCD.

Beyond that, if WH implemented sandbox, smithing, warhorses, large battles and dungeons in KCD and itā€™s DLC, I could live with all the current KCD bugs and glitchiness (minus PS4 popins that has to get back to 1.5 or better), and I could do without all other DLCs.

Take boars for example, they ran straight towards you, you evaded them easily, horseback combat is simplistic, smithing was probably causing bugs and sandbox is in there however there is not much extra to do which you could not do before. Dungeons are probably caves, there is one particularly large that I lost my ways in there, other ones were merely few meters away from the entrance, they tend to be holding to the real places.

so here we sit. it seems WH canā€™t or wonā€™t overcome the technical barriers to implement in KCD the things WH targeted. Or, WH isnt clearly disclosing that which they will implement in KCD (or KCD2). if I were a backer, Iā€™d feel disappointed relative to the former and disrespected relative to the latter. as a non-backer, donā€™t feel either. Just feel weā€™ve got the makings of what could be the Mona Lisa except sheā€™s got no eyes and her lips arenā€™t done yet

3 Likes

As a late comer to the KC:D party (only heard about the game about a week before release), I had no expectations, so what i have received (and played for over 1800 hours) is absolutely fantastic.
Call me what you will, but I couldnā€™t be happier with KC:D, and am looking very much forward to all future product of Warhorse Studios.
A beautiful work of art. Thank you, WH.

As a backer, I am not dissappointed at all. I am programmer, and I know very well how previously ā€œeasyā€ and ā€œclearā€ features can suddenly become impossible to implement. I am sure that Warhorse did great job (it is fun to play and story is great), and make perfect foundation for KCD2. In KCD 2 there will be place for more features, better this and better that. In KCD 1 they concentrated on ā€œmaking it workā€, in KCD 2 it already works and they can concentrate on ā€œmaking it betterā€. With one commercial success behind their back, that makes it easier to invest in development of new or better features.

5 Likes

No bud, youā€™re the one who needs to bring evidence for all the bullshit statements youā€™ve made.

I donā€™t need to provide proof for anything, i havenā€™t made any claims.

Either youā€™re not a native English speaker, or the burden of proof concept is foreign to you.

Freudian slip

2 Likes

Easy. Donā€™t cross the edge.

Iā€™m late to this conversation, but KCD was always planned for consoles. If it wasnā€™t, I wouldnā€™t have pledged Emperor in the first month of the Kickstarter campaign ā€”I only had a PS4 at the time

3 Likes