Duelling armies

I am a little concerned about numbers of troops in combat (the more the better) and about said troops (npcs) using authentic tactics i.e tight formations for troops using pikes/halberds/bills (these weapons are best used when the men are standing shoulder to shoulder and at least a few ranks deep).
Soldiers group together for mutual support and do not tend to spread out and fight the enemy one on one in battles, men fighting individual duels in battles is a hollywood thing after all.

The same can be said for heavily armoured infantry and cavalry these fellows fight in tight groups in order to punch holes in the “enemy line”.

I for one would love to see (and take part in) an action between two large groups of heavily armoured pike/halberd/billmen in a “push of pikes”.

Then you’ll more than likely get your chance in KCD.

It’s been confirmed that there will be at least one large scale battle; the scale of that is currently unknown. There will also be a castle siege. It’s unknown whether or not this forms a part of the large scale battle or is a separate / standalone piece of warfare.

3 Likes

Sweet… thank you for the information good sir!
Now im even more excited about this game than i was before…

Cant wait for release .

1 Like