Eating - how to do that?

Hi

excellent game so far!

How can my character eat (I picked some food from various tables), he is saying “I am hungry and must eat”…

Thanks for your help!

Pretty sure you go to inventory and select the item you wish to consume… like apples etc.

There are other ways to… i think cooking pots you can use to cook a meal.

1 Like

Exactly as N1kolaiUK says :slight_smile: As you progress the game, please also note “durability” status of your food - if its under 50 its spoiled and can poison you :slight_smile:

1 Like

In addition you eating from the inventory you can also eat roughly once per day from a food pot.
It doesn’t do anything for healing, and I tend to eat mostly foods which do that… but it does fill a chunk of the daily requirement (and with a few different pots can be all you ever need).

I am in Run! after I have made the castle. Made it to the kitchen and I have plenty of food. Open the inventory, select food, select a food type, press E, and it makes this odd sound. Try different food - same result. What’s going on? Am I going to starve with four legs of roast duck in my pocket?

You need to click and hold on the eat command - same as switchung kit

2 Likes

Tried selecting and holding the left mouse button and then pressing E with mouse button pressed. Doesn’t work.
Tried selecting such that it is highlighted, releasing left mouse button, and pressing E. Doesn’t work.
Tried sitting before eating. Doesn’t work.
Tried eating while standing. Doesn’t work.
Tried a bunch of other things on a wing and prayer. Doesn’t work.
Tried cursing warhorse studios. Doesn’t work.

It keeps making a grumbling noise at me. I can’t even drop the food.

All other inventory actions (Clothes, weapons) work fine. I can make Henry run around in his underwear equipped with the one poor quality arrow that was pulled from his leg, but he won’t eat. Strange and silly, but this is effectively game breaking. I must be doing something wrong but “select the item in the inventory and press e” are not difficult instructions.

Last thing. I can press Q to get information on the food item. It is eat and drop that I am somehow doing wrong or the game is not acknowledging.

1 Like

Beans beans beans! The more you eat…!

There’s cooking pots everywhere you can eat out of to deal with hunger :grin:

Acknowledged, but I still want this basic functionality to work. I can’t even drop food.

Noted that “accept/use” is E and ENTER. Tried both. Doesn’t work.
Tried consuming a potion. Interesting that it wants me to put it on the food. I can do that (confirming that the game is acknowledging the use of the E key from the food menu) , but after I do that I still can’t eat the food.

Appreciate the responses. I feel like an absolute moron but I really have no idea why this is happening.

Not sure how the PC controls work but if I click “X” on Xbox it moves it to my horse, if I hold “X” it drops it. Perhaps you can figure with this?

OK - figured it out. You have to hold the E key until the action (eating) completes. I was pressing the key and releasing too quickly. Hold the E key while watching the circle complete around the “E” on the menu and/or wait for the item to be removed from your inventory.

I guess I see the value in that it prevents accidental consumption, but damned, not intuitive.

It is intuitive though… There is even a little arrow on the on-screen instructions to indicate that the button needs to be held down. How can you not figure this out??

Maybe because this is the first time that I have ever encountered such a mechanism. Or maybe I am a xxxxxxx idiot. Maybe both.

You have to talk with sir Rodgers it what his name is…he will take you to the kitchen…then you can eat:) u had same issue…and I could get out the kitchen to…door is there option to open noup…but I think you better replay…because after you E won’t work at all can’t pickpocket and lockpick!! Saving loading does not help…that kinda brakes the game from the start