Economy, thievery and combat

Hi guys,
I wanted to discuss a few matters about the game, the first one being the economy, after my first hours playing I thought that I had to earn my share in order to acquire all of those fancy armors and clothes… Then I killed 4 deers and was suddenly rich. Yes the Economy or the lack thereof is broken if not nonexistent; you get money too easily, easy money that you actually don’t need anyway. OK, on my 2nd playline I decided to avoid poaching, but here comes the thieving mechanic. Do some training, read a few books, brew some potions and you have access to merchant chests with all their merchandize and money, breaking into Rattay’s armorer is like winning the lottery. Another problem is you can pack tons, literally tons of stolen goods or whatever unit the game is using without any sort of limit which oddly enough you can’t do with your horse which is basically a beast of burden…
Now there is combat, the system works really well in duels but fighting groups is another story, one thing to blame: the forced lock-on system, it’s bad, I don’t understand why developers keep pushing this in their games, do we really need an assisted system to face the opponent? I don’t. You’re “sucked in” by the enemy, not necessarily the one you want to be facing, often NOT the one you want to be facing! I want to be free of my movements, do quick turns without having to “disengage” like some kind of targeting machine. Mount & Blade for example has a perfectly working combat system without any locking mechanic; I would gladly give away combos if I can get rid of that lock system.
Here it is guys, please share your thoughts.

are you saying that stolen goods have no weight?

He’s pointing out that there is no limit on the maximum weight you are permitted to move with. Sure you are over-burdened but you can still walk slowly dragging 20 metric tonnes of armor, swords, etc

HA!
I never tried that. As soon as I’m over burdened I have shifted the offending gear. Hmmm.

What I find perverse is the horse has a hard limit, and yet you can just load that 20 metric tonnes of stuff on Henry’s back, mount your horse and trot away to the nearest vendor

Funny thing is after you dismount and try to climb stairs, you’re stuck. Wait? Mounting a horse is easier than climbing stairs :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Worse: you don’t have to walk, load your 300t of cargo in your pockets then transport it on horse back to your chest. There should be 2 things: a weight limit depending on your strength (classic RPG machanic) and inventory slots, it’s physically impossible to carry 4 armors, 3 swords and 5 shields; it simply doesn’t make sense, these items require a lot of space, weight should be accounted for but also size/volume.

the M&B combat system is pure fantasy.

This game tried very hard to base its combat system on actual history.
It work great in 1-1 fights… and pretty bad in larger fights.

I gave M&B as an example of of a combat system WITHOUT lock-on system. Historical accuracy is not the culprit here, in real combat you don’t have any auto-targetting system that kicks-in, may be a medieval roboknight would have :slight_smile: