Endgame: the ruins of a particular region. Did I get a bug or does a mod exist to revert it?

Major spoilers from the end of the game:

The siege is over and Talmberg has returned to its rightful protector- but at what cost? When I left, Talmberg was heavily damaged from both the ambush and the following siege. Now, following the epilogue, I have returned. Except instead of a smoldering ruin, the castle has been rebuilt in a matter of mere hours and has refound all of the spender it held when Henry first laid eyes on it.

It feels a bit unimmersive to me to see this. Is this intentional, and if so, is there a mod that reverts the castle to ruins?

well last time I finished the game the ruins were still there after siege. right now i´m at the monestary, so still some hours till the end. But I would prefer to have Talmberg not in ruins because it is my favourit castle. So I would not have a problem if you don´t see any damage afterwards.
When the game was released I think there was a thought to end the siege without destroying the castle because there was a little story that you where told by the Robber Baron. But I think this stragety never made it in the game.