Equipped weapons won't appear in combat

…and that included Sir Radgvir’s (or whatever his name is) sword, which, btw, after equipping it for the first time after visiting Talmberg’s tanner, completely VANISHES, even from the inventory. It re-appears at my inventory, at the cut-scene when we…magically teleport at Rovna tho, later on. However, when fighting the first loot-corpseing thug in the area i STILL can’t equip it and i’m FORCED to fight him with ma BARE HANDS!..Sadly enough, even when I loot the SEAX from the thug, i STILL CAN’T use it, even when I equip it properly!..

…So, I can’t progress, obviously, fighting my way through using only my…fists!..Is this some sort of a bug, or am I missing something here?! :open_mouth: :-S

do you have the proper system req? what system are you using? Windows
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660, AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated
Additional Notes: These are preliminary system specs and can change!
this is what is needed to play

It is in ‘quest items’ rather than weapons. Mildly confusing but a unique issue.

On PC the controls are “E” to highlight and equip an item to it’s slot, and then in the 3D world:

1 to draw the melee weapons or
2 to draw the bow.

Also… did you get any fencing training already… that might be a problem I haven’t experimented with… I saw the opportunity as being quite useful.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
GeForce GTX 1080Ti // driver version: 390.77
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7885
BIOS: 1.90
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32664MB RAM
Page File: 13701MB used, 23826MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.16299.0015 64bit Unicode

Spec-wise, I think I’m more than ok, plus I play dozens of other steam games un ultra-settings with no probs, whatsoever!

P.S.: Yes, i have properly equipped both the above stated weapons (using “e” button) and even though they appear in the inventory, relevant, slot when the battle begins, only my…fists appear! :open_mouth:

Did you draw the weapon using 1. If you don’t you will just be punching, kicking (and metaphorically biting).

@Lieste:

I had a training session at the starting town. Should I’ve taken more (and from where / whom)?! :open_mouth:

No you have that… Was pondering about whether missing that might have some impact…

You don’t have distinct fist fight/sword fights in game very often. Sometimes people start with fists, but if someone draws a weapon that is an escalation and everyone else joins in too. You can always bring fists to a sword fight… and can frequently draw on a pugilist.

lol - for the LOVE OF GOD!..That was it!..

…Seriously, tho, when we EQUIP (pressing “e” button) a weapon, shouldn’t that be ENOUGH omg?! WHY would we have to press “1” / “2” buttons AS WELL?! This is mighty confusing guys!..And, btw, WHY on earth would that Lord’s weapon be found in “quest items” when we CAN use it in battle?! It should appear under “Weapons”-tab, maybe with a special sign / marker on it that would “label” it as a quest item!.. :-S

1 Like

This is happening for me too and I’m on Xbox one… not a system problem!

I have this problem on XBox Onne. Can’t equip Radzig’S sword . I too have to fight with my bare hands and was only able to defeat a foe that had a club.

Who would have guessed this was a “user” error. I did not know that I had the press the left side of the “Cross” key to unsheath a weapon.
I don’t thin the instructions made that clear.
Thanks for your help WHS.

You press left on digital to draw swords