Ever since the new patch the main quest automatically fails

UPDATED 12:30PM EST 3/30 - New Patch Fixed the Issue - Thank you

Was playing earlier today. Got to the quest where I need to interrogate the prisoner in the town with the plague. Saved the game. Hours later I reload and upon the world loading the main quest fails automatically and disappears.

I have tried reloading past saves and whatever main quest i am on in that save automatically fails and disappears.

I went back hours earlier to my fight with runt at the baptism by fire finale. I kill him…trigger the cutscene…load into rattay…and the main quest automatically fails and disappears. I try going to north rattay to go to the hearing but the room is empty that is supposed to advance the story.

i’m a solid 15 hours into the game. what are my options here?

Same here. I was just going to start it and it failed. Seen many reports of this. Guess it’s time to take a break until they can get their act together. I get bugs but this just demonstrates failed testing.

Same here, all my saves after bandit camp battle have main quest failure… tried to talk to radzik but he lacks dialog options

Can you stop whining in every single thread? I feel your pain about the issues but your attitude is what drives developers to roll their eyes and ignore a forum. You’re literally acting like a baby, which is appropriate seeing how it’s in your username.

7 Likes

Me too. hopefully will get fixed by weekend!

Ok what is the best way to actually upload the zip file?

I tried doing it through this post but received the following:

"Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TXT, LOG)

upload to zippyshare.com or any other hoster/cloud

Same situation here. Only when I’m waiting to advance the plague quest, it game crashes during wait. Happened 3 times.

Did you zip up the entire folder? If so, you should drag that new file which now has a .zip extenstion… drag it to the site I mentioned.

Windows has a built in zip utility now so you can just right click the folder and from the pop-up menu go down to “send to” then choose “Compressed (zipped) folder”.

Thank you. Also found the post referenced(HERE). Sent the email with the link to the zip file.

I have the same issue, the main quest fails when I load my latest save. I will wait for warhorse to release another patch before I return to KCD.

Great. The more people who do that the faster they can fix it since not everyone will have the same call references (quests will have been done differently by each person).

I had the main quest fail as well. Started a new game.

Cant progress at all. Kunesh’s axe is missing, and the nails for Theresa are not in the chest, effectively making it impossible to even leave the village.

Started with the new 1.4 Patch. Willing to send in save.

I literally just started a new game to check this out and they’re there for me. Do you have any mods? Keep in mind I have a super fresh copy of the Steam game. I just grabbed it last night, so I only had that version then 1.4 patched on top of that. Most of you will have seen many, many patches from the last 2 months.

they broke my monitor, im serious high contrast bug

Yeah Im gonna remove mods and see…might be one…but not sure which…

I will say I read on a steam forum someone having the same problem…

started with 21 bandages and a bandit ear… I started with 21 bandages and a bandit leader spur…

So something is going on…

this game should be issued with a complementary can of RAID

Yea, this patch is going to break every single mod outside of a hue graphic mod.

So I removed everything including my user.cfg file

Now its fine…

going to add them back one at a time and see which one is causing it

1 Like