Everyone is a Monk in KCD?

Everyone is a Monk in KCD ??

This was strange for me ( and after 20h annoying ) that everyone start conversation like 2 monks on the road even when i was buying carrot from a peasant he start talking about God :stuck_out_tongue: and yesterday i was in library where i faund 2 nice books with examples.
Examples from the mid-16th century play Ane Satyre of the Thrie Estaitis by Sir David Lindsay of the Mount:
Wantonnes (male), greeting Rex Humanitas (a king) (line 475):

“Good morrow, Maister, by the Mes!”

Rex Humanitas (a king) to his servant Wantonnes (male) (line 476):

“Welcum, my minyeon Wantonnes.”

Hail was probably the most common greeting among commoners, often followed by a name, i.e. “Hail, Eddie”, and that was sometimes followed with a salutation, i.e. “Hail, Eddie, son of Du, grandson of Du, questioner of Quora”.

The replay was generally “something like “Hail, Aditya, well met”. It was not uncommon to add salutations to the reply. Sometimes people greeted each other with a blessing like “God save ye”.

I know that christianity dominate europe ( im from Poland ) but im sure than buying carrot wasn not like that: - "Praise the Lord ,

• yeah praise the lord my friend im hungry how much for this created by God carrot
  • God be pleased that you want that carrot
  • yes i want this carrot and how much Holy Minutes i need to wait for your blessed price
  • God bless your patience my great coustomer

LOL. You clearly did not live in Christian community. They greet each other to this day like that, maybe it sounds funny in English, but at least in our part of the world, people are like that.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong about the God. Only that is missing from the modern Europe. France 1789, go to hell.

1 Like

Religion was a HUGE part of every day life, every interaction and what a lot of people focused their whole life around. Plus the church was a huge political, economic, educational, moral hub of every community. Religion was infused into every single facet of everyone’s lives.

Its actally weird for people who live in cities now. Back then there was like 100 people around and everyone knew each other.

Today its very weird.

It is but not unrealistic.

At this time (1403) and place, you had to be a good christian and have/express faith. The game explains it (spoiler) when you hunt heretics later.

it was 1am and everyone was sleeping, including you! How the f**k would you know where I was to accost me directly after morning Mass?

I love this game, I do. But man does it piss me right off sometimes.

Like guards who just know you’ve got stolen shit on you. I’m sorry officer, was that cuirass sticking out of my tunic with a huge ‘stolen’ label on it? Was it the mask, stripey top and bag marked ‘swag’ that gave it away??

@adarahahetty: I hear you on that last bit. The guards do seem to possess almost psychic abilities at times. When they stop me I usually just pay to get rid of them so I dont have to hand over any loot. The guards in Rattay stop me every 10 mins on average.

Maybe that high value cuirass was reported stolen by it’s rightfull owner and the guards , after finding the stuff in your inventory, thinks 1+1 = 2?

Thieving is already so easy in the game, we don’t need more help, really. Just avoid the town when you have stolen stuff on you. You have a nice coffer to stash all this loot at Rattay’s mill, outside the town, or rent a room somewhere to dump everyhting.

1 Like