Everything you need to know about the new tournament mode!

Hello, i am writing this for people that are struggling with bugs and/or dont know how to start the new tournament mode in KCD!

1. If you are in epilogue and cannot speak to Sir Hans Capon to start the quest, speak to the Samopesh blacksmith who will give you a side quest, he basically tells you to find out what happened to his son. This will automatically start the tournament quest which is in the “Activities” part of quests.

2. After talking to the blacksmith an activity will pop up telling you to partake in the Rattay tournament and to speak to the Herold. Make sure you are EARLY in Rattay because there is a bug where the tournament starts before he even wakes up.

3. Make sure you speak to the Herold as soon as possible because if you DO NOT partake in the first tournament you may encounter a bug where the tournaments will never happen because you didn’t do the “starting tournament”

I hope this helped some people struggling to start the quest, i know i had some struggle so i made this just to help people who was in my situation.
Feel free to comment any other bugs and/or solutions if you can.

Thanks for reading!

6 Likes

i already won tournament, completed the samopeshs blacksmith quest dead man tell no tales (didnt find a clue to what happened to his son svatopluk), also completed qst from miller peshek (bet on myself)… now i can bet again… but cant make next tournament to happen… the herald sais me to wait few days… but…

Trust me when he says wait a few days he means like 2 weeks lol, in all seriousness though you literally have to speak to him the morning of the tournament to “trigger the activity” meaning its mostly luck on whether you will catch it at the moment. They will probably fix this though

1 Like

I have also been waiting forever to fight again… even just waited for about two weeks outside the city but don’t know if it’s a bug or if i am doing something wrong… it’s so hard not to swear on these things lol

1 Like

when i completed the qst at peshek (betting) he said next tournament will be after week or so… so that or so is so fucking long or bugged…

do i have to wait outside? and yea exactly… it is hard… kinda impossible for me :smiley:

It is a very stupid system, you have to catch the tournament by waiting literally waiting hour by hour and that worked for me, it is not triggered by waiting even if you are close. Very dumb in my opinion

maybe it work just fine in new playthrough… but im at end game… all that im doing in the game is trying to catch the tournament and hunting bandits… sometimes food… so can just do the bandits hunting and from time to time im going to rattay to buy arrows… if im lucky there will be tournament at the same day… anyway its really silly… in some qsts u know the day when it will happen… here u dont…

Update Black peter actually attacks you after a little while in game, once this happens you will get a prompt to go and speak to the blacksmith. Just thought i’d say for people wondering. :slight_smile:

When I first speak to Hans Capon (yes, he works for me) and finish 1st tourney, can I still go to the Samopesh blacksmith, get the quest and trigger another tourney? I want to do both quests related to the tournament. Is it possible? Or when I do the quest for Hans, the blacksmith quest is not there avaliable anymore? Do you know how it works? Thank you :slight_smile:

I have been in 4 tourney’s now, and won all 4. No problems with the first 3. Now I just finished my 4th, and my sword and some of my armor are gone. Just vanished…including two pieces of the “Lords of Leipa” armor set
Just great…

Thanks for the warning, but for my part the Herald just told me to “come back tomorrow morning” and of course the next morning it’s to late and the quest failed. What can i do?

The tournament never happens, what a mess…

I also encountered a bug, when i was in the last round a guard stopped, and HE WANTED TO SEARCH ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GDAMN TOURNAMENT, it immediately ended, the quest failed

Has this ever been sorted out so it isn’t so difficult to get it?

Based on this WH stream, which is a later date than this thread (a month or so), it seems like Henry can show up the day the tournament starts and still enter?

For me, I’ll just go out, do my thing, and then I’ll get a notification (in game) that the tourney in Rattay will be tomorrow. Then I’ll ride back, get my a get night’s sleep in the lower pinkstein(?) castle, and enlist in the tourney the very next day. I’ve only missed it once due to the next to godliness quest with sir Hans.

I loved the tourney I ran in to some annoying bugs in the game but thankfully non in the tournament my only problem is I wish there was more of them like. In sasau or something