Expert mode cardinal reference

What I don’t like of expert mode is to have only the sun as cardinal reference.

I’m not suggesting at this point of the game to add moss on trees (and that’s the only idea I have for orienting in the woods), but a simple update to add the north star on the sky and a “town directions” wood sign on crossroads would be great.

1 Like

I feel your quandary, except I like the difficulty as is. I do agree with you a North Star would be beneficial. But moss? Trust me when I say “That don’t even work in the real world”

1 Like

An accurate skybox with constellations and perhaps some in-game rudimentary astronomy features (quests, special perks, whatever) could be amazing. I would think that with the modding tools now available, replacing the existing skybox with an accurate one MIGHT even be tenable? The thing would be: IS THERE an open source accurate Earth Skybox suitable for this time period (I suspect even a modern one would suffice as 600 years is not that much time elapsed for many things to change dramatically) which could be made to work with this app??

From the modding tools it is very easy to edit the daily movement of the Sun, its entire space-time route.
As for creating an astronomical mapping, I don’t know if it would be possible to make it compatible with the different weather phases.
Stars can modify their intensity easily, but I don’t know if they come from a predesigned image or are generated randomly.

1 Like