Features/things we'd like to see! (Mods, DLCs/future KCD game ideas)

This is a thread to share ideas on how to improve the game further, can be ideas for mods or future Kingdcom Come games, DLCs or whatever. I wasn’t sure in which category to post it but “modding” section seemed most fit.

Features/things I’d gladly see for KCD:

• Pub “drinking game”. If you win (the person who loses gets to sip some alcohol every round lost and gets drunk or possibly could pass out) and have high enough charisma vs the pub mistress there’s a chance to sleep with her that appears as a short clip in a random place in the village (could be in a barn or behind the church, you name it…). Gives slight boost to alcoholism stats. I felt pubs & alcohol in the game needs “one more thing” to make them interesting, this would go well with that.

• Better game skinning possibilities, tanning animal hide to various clothing (lower skill lvl the worse clothing you can make but it should stay as very comprehensive/complex way as making clothing so it’s not a direct replacement for shopping). Animal hide needs more use.

• Game drops should be revised so it doesn’t drop so many pieces of game, I’d rather make it into one piece per animal and instead one piece should be heavier and the value of it tweaked so it becomes reasonable value. As it is now when you get like 100 from a Venison it’s way too easy to make money and it completely removes the survival aspect to the game as you will be always overencoumbered with food).

• Balance that eating from pots thing, seriously. I did use a mod to tweak the value, even at 9 it feels borderline too much, I’m considering dropping it to 5-6 possibly, 25 is madness with the pots available a bit everywhere!

• Possibility to settle somewhere (buying a house would be the expensiest item in the game and now you have some use for all that money later into the game) and make a family with some of those main characters in the game (through lots of side quests). As of now the slight “romance” sidequests seem more like an aftertought, it always bothered me how they barely has any interest to talk with me after completing the quests.

A few things that would take it from a 9/10 game to 10+/10 for my tastes.

1 Like

I love the drinking game idea! since drinking has such an interesting mechanic it’s nice to see more features surrounding it, definitely involving various interactions with other tavern-goers.

I have a little idea about the pot thing myself, since they’re literally everywhere and it doesn’t state what’s in them; they could make a random chance for food poisoning, especially when the camp is empty.

I also agree with the romance thing, there could be a lot more to that than just a sidequest or a buff for a quick shag (even if you pay at a bathhouse). leveling relationships in a similar way to guild wars 2 would be excellent!

I’m not much of a hunter but a tanning mini-game would be a great addition!

I had a thought of my own about a mechanic to custom assemble weapons (e.g. swords, axes, hammers, arrows) that allow you to pick each individual piece separately and assemble them at a forge. for swords you would be able to choose the blade (varying in length different types, quality and damage), the cross guard (different styles and possibility of custom engraving at Sassau perhaps?) the hand vest (leather binding, wood or also even ornamented) and pommel (once again style and also weight to balance out against the blade), for axes the possibility to choose the wood handle and different types of heads etc.;

last but not least a maintenance mini-game where you hammer out deformations in armor or link mail back together would be awesome!

I thought these last two relating to smithing would be very fitting since Henry is a blacksmith’s son.

I’d love to hear other thoughts on this.

To me, it’s pretty simple. Adding mini-games like the ones you mentioned will do nothing but enrich KCD in new and more immersive ways. Just need to make sure they’re optional. Mini-games that if you don’t play them you won’t suffer harm but if you do play them you get a little extra value [chance for bigger rep increase or new quest/mission with drinking game, ability to decorate armor/clothing/weapon (add gold/colored trim or decorative aspect) if you play armorsmith/tailor/weaponsmith mini-game, etc]

Love the drinking game idea. Someone please get this idea to the mods

I’d like to see more the enemy NPCs from the cutscenes

Sacking of Skalitz I - Don’t have a screenshot of the Cuman archers and Cuman horse lancers or the men with kettle hats (crossbowmen?) but I really hope WH can overcome their earlier barriers and incorporate them into the post-Run game.

Sacking of Skalitz II - Look behind Marvart at the Cuman with Cuman harness and some really dark armor/clothing that doesn’t look like any post-Run lamellar armor or in-game colored caftan. some appear in simple reinforce Cuman hauberk. wish we could have more Cuman like them in post-Run spawn points (with not so much armor but more skill)

Talmberg posturing - the soldiers with helmets and black/dark green shields with yellow insignias. please add them (and their gear) to battle spawn points as well as Pribyslavitz and Vranik encampments. they look BA… much more than the current ragtag bandits (if for no other reason than they look like a team… similarly armed/armored)

I would love to see implementation of Track IR.

Looking around is very unnatural and awkward to me without it…especially if you are use to using one while playing other games in 1st person.

Good day,
DrDetroit

I love the whole pub game thing. But I have thought the whole pub could be done better. I would like to sit down at a table and order a beer like the other villager patrons. then sit at the table a sip on the beer and have a conversation with whoever is sitting there. They may just gossip-Sometimes they might give you tips or ideas -sometimes they might be drunk and talk incoherent babble-sometimes they may get angry at you and want a fight…just like a real pub

3 Likes

Good that you wrote it, it was also part of my list but forgot to add it! Really felt awkward when villagers just always sit at the table and order some beer and you can’t. The gossip & fighting thing is also great. Really would add a lot to immersion.

iow, replicate what many hold to be the best quest in the whole of KCD and make it a somewhat free form mini-game

would love it if one or more of the historical consultants had good dirt on drinking customs of the time that could be incorporated (even if in feel) into this mini-game

Here is a small but nice thing: to be able to let off shooting a bow when you are set to shoot but back down. Currently you have to shoot into the ground or a tree.

? On PS4, depress X

on PC with an Xbox wireless controller. Hafta try, but awkward with RT index on trigger and X or B under the RT thumb.

Using controllers with a PC, blasphemy!1!!1 :stuck_out_tongue: I just press “E” on my keyboard to back down the shot. KCD have quite a few “undocumented” or less pointed out shortcut keys like “hold down 1” to bring up torch, took a while before I even figured that out and it happened by accident.

Back to topic, one thing I always wondered about is, wasn’t fishing a big thing at this time period or? Just feels a bit awkward that there’s no fish to buy or catch. I don’t consider it a crucial thing but it wouldn’t either hurt to be able lay out some net or fishtraps and see if some fish gets caught in it but that again would require more extensive tweaks as it would require simple middle aged fishing boats to exist so you can go out and lay it out as I don’t think they’d swim out to lay out some net or traps. These things probably fall over the “more effort required than positive experience it brings”. If survival aspect was a bigger focus than it is now so for example cold/freezing would be a thing then perhaps there was a bigger reason for ships to exist in the game too.

Key E is doable. I will give a try. Thanks for the tip. I know about “1” and “2”

I want a tent or a bedroll.

Let it take up considerable amount of space to make it a slight burden with maybe an hour or two in game set up and tear down time in exchange for a place to sleep and save on the go.

Give me a tent and a bell roll and make it weigh 60lbs. Or a bedroll, a pot and the ability set up and tear down a fire pit…base camp on the go

I want an immersive way to sleep and save with a penalty so it isn’t OP or against the initial idea of the game mechanics

2 Likes

Update: after just under 20 hours in hardcore I will say idk if I missed them previously or if they updated to make it so but beds in camps and such are plentiful, it’s not terrible. Hardcore mode is the shit by the way, so rewarding to learn the area and be self sufficient