Fewer features = more visual enjoyment

I got to see the Beta again after a long time break and realized - why am I staring at the crosshair instead of enjoying the magnificent view? I think if the screen had fewer features, or no features at all, that would greatly enhance my visual enjoyment of the game.

Crosshair. I’d love to be allowed to manually switch crosshair off. I don’t need it when walking or riding - I know roughly where the center of my screen is just fine. I understand crosshair is handy when you need to interact with objects or people, but what about crosshair appearing automatically when you get close to interactive objects? If you step back, the crosshair would fade away.

It is absurd that the only time you actually need crosshair is shooting, when it is disabled (even though I like it. Cool people know how to cheat around this via command line, but more cool people just paint a dot with marker in the centre of their screens.)

Compass. I don’t use compass most of the time even when questing and exploring. An option to switch it off would be nice.

Health-stamina bar. Again, when I am at full energy and just travelling and enjoying the view, I don’t want and need to look at my stamina. It could automatically reappear outside of combat when I am (i) critically out of stamina (albeit the screen blur might suffice) or (ii) being off state (bleeding, poisened or starving, overloaded, etc.). Stamina bar would show in combat, obviously.

I hope these suggestions are simple enough to be implemented without much ado.

6 Likes

I completely agree, I for one like to immerse myself into gameplay by enjoying the environment.

We recently had a meeting about this exact topic, how we can improve the HUD. And all of this this topics were discussed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent, looking forward to it. Thanks and good speed to the finishing line!

Dr Obviously the meetings are important to catch up on some zzzzs.

I’m a drop this here have a look see might interest you. https://youtu.be/jPqwDGXxLhU

Splendid idea! That would add this much immersion to the game. And we’re all here about the immersive, living, real world :slight_smile: