Fighting Bandit leader

Hey Folks,was I the only player disappointed when fighting the bandit leader in Baptism of Fire.
The fight had barely began when it went into yet another cut-scene. Couldn’t I have fought him and gone into the cut-scene if I was winning. It seemed very artificial and anti-climactic.

Depends on your skills, really. If you play it like other RPGs and you first spend half a year boosting up your skills to super-human levels, then it’s going to be pretty easy and boring. For me, it was quite challenging, I had to reload several times before I could finally injure him enough to trigger the cut-scene.

It was almost impossible for me since Henry only knew perfect block (not riposte, and no combos), his stats were very low and he was still in peasant gear (about 10 defense in head / body / legs). It was nearly impossible to land a damaging hit on him.

Ended up just standing still, pulling out a bow and drilling two arrows into his eye sockets to beat him. Melee was hopeless.

Thanks for the replies. It obviously depends on when you do the quest as I have 10 with sword and 8 warfare as well as mail and a helmet. It is hard to work out what order to do the quests so I trained a lot with Bernard and hunted till I got good with the bow. When I fought my way into the camp it was a disappointment not to have a tough fight. I am starting to think combat might be even better without a reticule to guide you.

I’d agree with the reticule point, but in general combat is quite awkward and limited due to the nature of the game sort of wanting you to lock on in a 1v1 duel, even when it’s a skirmish.

When he get to 20% health (or something like it) you get the cutsceen
If you did not notice, it is because you where a higher level than what the quest is balanced for.

Second worst part of the game (Worst at that point). Totally breaks immersion. Killed him with an arrow first time on normal and cut to sword fight scene.
Killed him with mace on Hardcore, cut to sword fight scene.
THEN teleported to town with no loot. Really disappointing.
Worst and most disappointing part was the ending.

1 Like

And I then came back and grabbed the loot and even his brigandine.

Yeah and I came back ASAP to an empty chest his corpse was gone and I got 5 cabbages in a basket LOL

1 Like

Neat trick. I returned immediately and no corpse or gear. Found a bunch of Cuman shields and vegetables.

Found the church door closed and locked. starting at about 1.43. Never been able to loot him. ON PC.
Don’t like the teleport either.

What would poor children in Africa do for it!

Might be they have changed something in later versions.

Yes, WH changed this. Now you must loot all the corpse before you fight with Runt.
Put all stuff into one of the chests.
Later come back and get it. Do this before you start FTA, because after this everthing is gone…

Just curious, why did they do that?

I use the bow a lot to thin out the groups befor entering fights. There i saw that sometimes you can even run backwards away from the crowd and just shoot everybody in the head and they just fall.

Fun part is, I asumed the same counts for the boss, i did not actually know if this is true. So to not just talk, i though, why not just reload the save befor the fight and just try it out :smiley: