Fighting help

I’m just looking for a bit of advice when it’s comes to fighting on this game. I’ve trained with Bernard quite a bit and I fully understand how it all works when it comes to parry, dodge, combos and riposte

It seems to me that whenever I attempt a combo on the first strike I always get parried which results in the combo not happening. To prevent this is it just a case of getting my sword or strength up? My strength is 15 and sword is 11

Also I understand how riposte work but I can’t ever seem to pull one off. I know you have to time it at the start but even then I don’t do it. Are there any tips to help?

I do enjoy the fighting mechanics and if it’s 1 on 1 I eventually win (after a while) but if a second person comes I can’t get rid of the first quick enough

Glad to know I’m not the only one. Def 12, Warfare 12, Strength 15, Agility 11, Sword 12.

It’s almost impossible to land a combo if you are starting the attack. What has worked for most people is to get in close and initiate a clinch. If you come out of that the victor, you have an 80-100% chance that your next attack will not be blocked. That is the moment to put in your combo.

At the moment, master strikes/riposte seems to be broken…hopefully 1.4 will correct that.

My understanding is that it has a lot to do with your “Warfare” skill. A higher skill will speed up your attacks and increase the success rate for landing combos, etc.

I’m at 11 warfare and still have issues pulling off combos against higher level enemies.

Glad to know it’s not just me. I’ll have to try that clinch though, I always forget about that

That’s made me feel better about the master strikes though knowing it could be a big. I just thought I had terrible reflexes lol

Really loving the game but I’m gonna have a mini break and play something else until a few patches have come into place. I’m on Xbox one so it’ll take longer for me compared to PC

Same here, combos at this point are essentially useless, when 90% of initiated strikes go into slo mo, or are blocked, combos can’t be done. Other than that the only issue I’m having with combat is inputs apparently not getting recognized. I’ll be in a fight and I’ll go to counter after a block and it doesn’t do anything. Or I’ll block and he just stands there and takes a major beating. Sometimes it’s fine, other times it’s infuriating when you’re putting in commands and he just stands there like an idiot.

This is normal in this game. And very frustrating.

Until you get higher stats it will be tough. And if you haven’t found out yet, it’s all about STAMINA, never let your stamina fall below half and you will last much, much longer. Fights are slow, and you can take on many opponents if you just keep your stamina up.

I agree combos are basically useless as well as master strikes and riposte’s.

But…once you hit a certain level in skill points you will find everything changes, it almost becomes too easy. I am maxed on sword, warfare and defense, and I can one shot most opponents, even in full plate.

I have yet to be able to pull off any combos, and I rarely get a riposte after a perfect block.

The worst thing about the combat system is that even when you are not dying you still feel like you have very little control over the combat. You can slash, thrust and block, but that’s about it.

If you are dying a lot, just skill up and keep your stamina up, then suddenly you will reach a point and it will all be down hill from there.

Good Luck!

Warfare 11, defense 15, sword 13 and I wasn’t been able to do ONE single combo in the game, also, every time I start an attack there is a very, very ,very low probabilitty for it to not be block, its really frustrating