Final battle crash :(

What do you mean play without loading the game?

Without using the save game feature = starting a New Game and reaching this part without selecting Continue / Load game from the menus (which means reaching the battle in one sitting, without dying which might not be the easiest)

1. Reeky.
  2. Timmy’s sister.
  3. Timmy.
  4. Soldier camp.
  5. Bandit camp.
  6. Soldier camp.
  7. Talmberg.

That’s the fastest way to get to the final battle, and if you do all that without loading the game, the final battle will work. You can skip Reeky and head to the bandit camp, then soldier camp, then bandit camp and then soldier camp again, but I found that took longer because of all the invisible walls in the forest.

Once the battle is over, you can save and load just fine.

3 Likes

I started new game , then discover bandits/cuman camp/ report to Robard / scout for Robard/ attack with Robard, but game crashed before I could finish it. And honestly I will not do it again…
BETA is disappointment for now.

@Hound Thx for the reply, good to hear that the problem has been noticed
i might try to play it without loading, but seems hard hehe :stuck_out_tongue:
Beta was great so far, really good job!

If you skip all dialog and cut scenes you can be in the battle in under 20 minutes. It’s not that difficult. I just tested it now.

Does this also apply for the automatic savegames, like in front of Reeky hideout? Because I realised, that you can play the game quite well, without saving/loading, but I just can’t play for 5 hours in one go…

If you want to play the final battle, don’t load any games. This includes autosaves.

It took me less than 20 mins to get to the final battle in a speed run.

1 Like

Are you teleporting or something? :smile:

I’m guessing you didn’t encounter any issues with Timmy’s sister either then…

All you have to do with his sister is talk to one of the other people first, then talk to her. She will then head to the spot to talk to you. No teleporting. Just riding the horse at full speed. Not stopping for anything you don’t need. Skip all dialog.

Fast travel would make it a lot easier, but that hasn’t been released to the public yet. I noticed the press version had it. Interestingly, I did fall through the floor once, but rather than end the game, it teleported me to the quarry a few seconds later. So clearly fast travel is possible, they just haven’t given it to us yet.

No loads either I take it?

Yea fingers crossed they do implement some form of fast travel into the final game. We’ve definitely seen it in the beta presentation vids floating around. Whether or not it’s a feature we gain access to is another story.

Thirds times the charm so they say… I’ll try out those steps and see how I go.

I’ve not had any issue with her if I talk to her while she is working around the mill, with or without loading. Once I missed her because I was fiddling with the inventory, but following her back to the building and talking again, she complainedI wasn’t at the meeting then agreed to rendezvous again, where she went directly.

I’ve seen complaints about issues with waking her, but not tried that timing myself.

No, any loading of any game before the battle will make the battle crash. Once the battle is over you can save and load just fine.

I think fast travel to where you have already been when not in combat is common sense in an open world game like this.

Agreed :slight_smile:

THANKS I will try this right now!

They will have fast travel

What is The Final Battle?

[quote=“froggyluv, post:22, topic:26990, full:true”]
What is The Final Battle?
[/quote]The large scale battle at the end of the beta quest line.

They have fast travel in its just slow like sleeping is right now so they did not put it in the beta.

It would still be faster than trying to navigate through a forest of invisible walls.