Fishing quests/jobs?

Nice idea about the permission to fish/hunt. :slight_smile: Could make it more immersive

didnā€™t played it but after watching videos, it seems to be nice and well done, but the fishing zones seems to be 4mĀ² ā€¦
but the fishing action seems pretty good/fun .

:smiley:

I remember some pretty frustrating attempts to catch ā€œthe big oneā€. So, at least the challenge is there. But, as the game is pretty old by now (early PS2 if memory serves), a makeover would certainly be in order. Haha!

1 Like

yeah that would be great :smiley:
I would love if you can set a camp fire to sleep somewhere

1 Like

I just rewatched the 1 hours video of gameplay ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84AiE46erkk ).
At about 25:35 he says there will be fishing!

• edited so link is clickable

Yeah I thought I heard him say that.

Oh, thats great
He said you can do mining, fishing, cooking, alchemy and collect herbs and make potions
Would be great if you can eat the caught fish but that should be possible I think.

Iā€™m going to assume that just like hunting youā€™ll be able to cook what you catch.

1 Like

I was just reading a book and got the idea - how cool would it be if you had a fishing side quest?

Say, a fisher comes to you and complains that a northern pike eats all the fish and he canā€™t catch enough. So he offers you the quest to catch that ā€œfat northern pikeā€ so he can catch more fish.

Now, there would be various ways to solve that quest:

a) you walk along the lake or rivulet and check for signs of the fish - if you spot it, you can start fishing and eventually catch it.
b) you try to gather information on what is their habitat and look for promising spots. The pike should wander between them so you eventually catch it.
c) you ask some kids that like to play in the water if they have seen it. Maybe you get some false information, but you should be able to find out where a big fat northern pike has been sighted - possibly because the kids are afraid of it and avoid the spot. You go there and eventually catch it.

Wouldnā€™t that be swell? I especially like the possibility to see it from outside if you examine the water closely. Although it would also be another of these ā€œgo there and killā€ quests it would be slower and should be approached with more care.

1 Like

Or perhaps the alchemist in one of the towns needs something from one of the fish that spawn in the country streams. You may be asked to provide a fish either in exchange for your initial training or to complete a cure (or what they at that time thought would be a cure) for an afflicted villager.

Or to win someoneā€™s favor you can catch some fish to provide them with food to get by. After your good deed the person in need may open up about further concerns (AKA quests) that a good samaritan could help with.

Or perhaps word reaches you that some robber is striking the local fisherman at a popular location. To help out our hero goes about catching some fish trying to lure out this villain and deal with him.

Just some ideas (I didnā€™t say any of them were good)ā€¦

Every idea said before is great, but what about just making fishing job/ability like in real life. If someone really likes it, to be able to do it as much as he wants, being able to sell or eat the fishes.
Craft some stuff, upgrade (level up?) itā€™s skills and rodsā€¦
Making aquatic life real, some fishes living in special areas, eating special baitsā€¦

If we could have something pretty realistic but not too sophisticated, i would be happy enough to spend days on itā€¦ :slight_smile:

Maybe weā€™ll be able to enhance this with modding toolsā€¦

The way they would fish would be mostly done the most effective way, so using a pole would only be done as a pastime not for getting a nice catch for a fishermen as a profession. Netting, planting small hooklines(sort of like a snare bait you would catch small animals on land with) and spearfishing/using bow and arrow is much more effective then the modern day fishing. As a fishermen in real life I would enjoy it only if done right and thatā€™s very hard in a game. The way fish react in game is also too lame for words especially like in skyrim, not moving when a person jumping in the water or just superslow is lame. Walking slowly up to a salmon from behind isnā€™t though, as I have done in Canada on a fishing trip.

There will be fishing,but I want to dig for worms and other stuff for fishing in a game,it will make it realistic

1 Like

I would totally support this! Would be nice to if you could catch all kinds of fish, take them ā€œhomeā€ and prepare them as dinner or mount them on the wall as a trophy. Maybe even do some fishing contest(s) with local villagers/fishermen.

1 Like

Š§Šµ руссŠŗŠøŠ¹?ŠŗрŠ°ŃŠ°Š²Ń‡ŠøŠŗ

Great idea. What about Bow Fishing? You would have to either buy or create an adapter to hold the fishing line to the bow and you can go to the closest stream and fish away.