Fishing quests/jobs?

Hi,
i’ve always been looking for a great RPG game with fishing actions/quests/jobs…
Many do it, but none with great experience and feelings… Fishing with poles is always boring after the 3rd fish and fishing with net is always 1 click action in predefined places.

So, maybe it would be great to have this feature in Kingom Come, and it’s pretty coherent with the period, background and story.
Even if you implement it gradually and it’s not perfect, but i think it could be really great, just like the way some of us are waiting for real archery system.

Let’s talk about it if some of us thought about it.

I like the idea of net and spear fishing. It would just probably not be on the top of my list of wants for the game.

1 Like

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess did the fishing mini game right

1 Like

If there will be something like food bar, it must be funny find or kill your own food and then eat it or sell it.

Hummm , what a great rememberance !!! It was not the main feature of the game, but what a great implementation !!

This will give me the excuse to yell, “I caught me a Marlin!!!”

I just really hope that fish will be in the water even when I’m not fishing.

4 Likes

I’ve enjoyed fishing in other games so this might be a nice distraction between epic quests. Digital fishing can be relaxing if you need a break from battle or being a bard.

I just hope they don’t include a fetch quest where you’re supposed to bring someone 20 fishes or something. If you can sell your fish for a little coin that would be nice.

1 Like

I would like this
fishing for relaxation would be great
and to eat the caught fish would be even nicer

I do like the idea of being able to fish in a medieval area setting. Should be interesting to see what they can come up with in actual mechanics of the “fishing game”. Selling the fish for money and/or eating it would be nice. They could also use it as one of their alchemical ingredients for the Alchemy profession.

Yes, they are so much interesting to do with this kind of “little” things. Being able to fishing can be so much more than just a mini game.
It could increase the possibilities to explore, survive, trade, immerse …
And it seems that they are working great on movements, motion and reality, so that could be really really funny !!
Come on guys, make our hope become true, even if it come in a basic way first… :slight_smile:

Is there any poll system ?

Yeah, Its really the little things that could make this game great!
I hope there will be a poll system but I havent found anything…

Hey guys, just commenting to see how posts appear on this forum for future reference and knowledge, you can ignore me if you want.

please delete this post
there is a thread for testing:

Great question! I really hope that there will be a fishing option, or will they go the SKYRIM route and just swim in a stream or lake and click to receive a fish. I hope you could use a rod!! Make that a SUPER ROD!!

Yea, that would be cool. It’s maybe not so important thing, but things like that really helps to build climate of the game.

Awesome idea! We have seen fotage of hunting, why not fishing? Of course you need the permission of the lord who owns the area you are hunting or fishing first (or you better don’t get caught!); as far as I know this would be historical accurate, as hunting was a privilege in medieval times. Violating this could be punished!

Has anyone here played Dark Cloud (granted it’s a bit old now)? What do you think about that kind of fishing?

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t mind fishing, would be fun to do on your way to a quest or something.

“Oh look at this quite spot. Im sure that super important thing the king wants me to do for him can wait… I Really outa do some fishing while Im here, luckily I always carry my fishing rod with me” XD

Yeah it would be great to take your fishing rod, and catch some fishes in the river redden by the sunset.
And then cook it on the camp fire <3

1 Like