For KCD 2 please make an organic skill system

I donā€™t want to talk with idiots. This thread is for Warhorse, not for you.

@Blacksmith lock inevitableā€¦ tragically

Really wish peeps could exchange ideas and defend arguments rationally instead of restoring to name calling.

I directed specific questions to you @Chessqueen without name calling. If you believe this forum is for WH, then behave in kind. Otherwise, this thread you started will be closed because of your own actions. Thatā€™s not really a persuasive strategy to try and impact WH game design

@Chessqueen
Please stay civil!!!

Aktzeptier doch einfach mal die Meinungen von anderen Ć¼ber diverse andere Titel und Ć¼ber deine Person hier im Forum. Wie kann man nur so engstirnig und stur sein! Viele werden auch deinen genannten Kreterien zustimmen, sie noch einmal begutachtet haben usw. und auch ihre ansicht/meinung/whatever geƤndert/Ć¼berdenkt haben. Ich weiss du gibst einen dreck darauf, doch das ist mein letztes Kommentar zu dir. Zieh mal dein Ding durch. Doch wƤre mal interessant zu wissen ob du die selbe Nummer auch in den Foren von den jeweiligen Spielen abziehst bzw. abgezogen hast?!

ā€žEinen Dummkopf erkennt man daran, dass er alles abtut, was er anhand seiner eigenen Erfahrungen nicht erklƤren kann.ā€œ
ā€” Farengar Heimlich-Feuer

Jetzt bleibt mir vom Hals. Wenn der Thread geschlossen wird, dann wegen euch! Aber ich mache dann einen neuen auf.

@Chessqueen , @Blacksmith admonished you alone. this thread isnā€™t a case of Matthew 7:6. itā€™s a matter of you eschewing substance for namecalling.

there has to be something more to revamping skill dev than changing the UI (eg replacing a skill tree popup screen with a relatively simple NPC interaction)ā€¦ otherwise itā€™s a distinction without much if any difference beyond a scavenger hunt for NPCs. this is why i floated a more learning by doing approach than currently found in game. archery didnā€™t have any formal skill dev (ie explicit skills picked via pop up screen or NPC interaction) but there was much skill dev. iā€™d like to see more of this in the KCD2 for melee weapons.

So according to this, 99% of game developers are not professional?
Oh you silly thing :slight_smile:

Shit, here we go again! :rofl: I need to get myself some popcorn.

(No, reallyā€¦ for Godā€™s sakeā€¦ stop that person already!)

Exactly. 99 % of all developers are not professional. But why are you a silly thing?

Ever since the late 1990s weā€™ve had skill menus and basic tutorials in games. At this very moment games are no longer on CDs, and most developers donā€™t issue game manuals in pdf or print. Today is June 5 2019, just FYI

No, there are a lot games from 2019 that have no skill menus and no tutorials. Tutorials belong into a pdf handbook! And we have 2019 that means we should go even a step forward and not backward in case of game design quality. And my last game on CD was ā€œThe Cat Ladyā€ from 2012.

Donā€™t play with matches Chessqueen. You may self immolate

20 modern games I remember have no skill menu and no tutorials. This is a lot. But 2.000 games have it. These 20 games are 1 %. What donā€™t you understand?

20 isnā€™t a lot in an absolute or relative sense

This is not a relative sense and in an absolute sense it is a lot. Even 5-10 masterpieces from the last recent years are a lot. In addition the topic isnā€™t about quantity, but quality.