Found a new tool to help performance

I don’t know how many of y’all are familiar with the tool Display Driver Uninstaller of DDU, but it is a lifesaver when your nvidia screws something up. Anyway the same guy has wrote another program called Instant Standby List Cleaner. I’ve been using it for about the last couple of hours and it works really well. This is a list of everything about it including updates…
The application will monitor and clear the memory standby list when it is > 1000mb (1gb).

It may help users who have stutters in games when using windows 10 Creator update and higher version of windows.

-This is consider beta and as-is.
-If this ever get popular, I’ll add more configurable options.

Changes since 1.0.0.0

• Configurable option: clear when standby list is XXXXMB and when Free memory is lower than XXXXmb.
  • Show some approximate memory information.
  • Can minimize to systray.

Changes since 1.0.0.1

• Prevent G-SYNC to activate for the app (by disable hardware gpu acceleration for the app). Thanks Blaire for the suggestion.

Changes since 1.0.0.3

• Added mbk1969 safer code for purging the standby list.
  • Added a checkbox to run the application minimized and started.
  • Added a “Purge” button to manually purge the standby list.
  • User settings are now saved.

Changes since 1.0.0.4

• Code cleanup and several optimization on the GUI updating (WPF binding)
  • Others misc stuff not worth to mention.

Changes since 1.0.0.5

• Free Memory and Standby list value now more precise (same as task manager)
  • More CPU efficient.

Changes since 1.0.0.6

• More CPU efficient. (Thanks to mbk1969 for some of the tweak ex: bit-shift.)

Changes since 1.0.0.7

• Added information about the Windows “Current timer resolution” and the possibility to change it. (Thanks “mbk1969” for the suggestion.)
  • Start faster than previous version.

Here is the download link https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1256

Don’t be alarmed if it gets flagged by your antivirus as they have a tendency to do that with these types of programs. I can 100% guarentee you it is legit with no malware or viruses.

The last email I got with a ransomware link had the very same text at the end.
As did the “you have taxmoney waiting for you to claim” email.

The “vocal remover” program I tested had 12 programs it tried to install as well. Two of which were trying to install further programs.

Then don’t download it. However, I’ve been running it for 2 days now with 0 problems and it has improved my performance.

You’ve really never heard of Display Driver Uninstaller?? It’s a pretty well known program and will absolutely save you if you experience a bug with a NVIDIA driver. Here is a link about it https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/download/system-desktop-tools/display-driver-uninstaller-18002-3329889/

Here is a quote from said article… “In our test, everything proceeded smoothly, leaving us with a basic display adapter that allowed us to download and install a brand new driver without having to worry about what was left behind.”

The program I linked was written by the exact same guy and it works well.

I have no idea what Vocal Remover is but I don’t see what it has to do with this piece of software.

Here is another article https://chefkochblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/31/display-driver-uninstaller-review/

and a quote from it… " The program is an inofficial program, which means it’s not developed by nVidia but the developer works on nVidia. Wagnardsoft offers his source on GitHub so it’s very easy to report bugs or to submit patches in case a new driver has changed / added something which not gets cleaned, the program usually gets an update after each new driver update to address this.

Wagnard also coded several other programs in the past like tdr manipulator and several others. He can be trusted and his programs always worked well at my end."

I’m only trying to help people with perfomance issues. I would never post a link to any kind of malicious software on this site or any other.

i have tried DDU a few times and it never helped where a uninstall/reinstall couldnt help… i dont trust programs that needs win safe mode
and like i sayed it never helped me…
you can trust who ever you want.
why doesnt nvidia create such a programm if it is important?

There was a winddows update just a few weeks ago that compleely screwed up my display driver because I installed the new driver before windows pulled the update and fixed it. My control panel disappeared and in device manager it didn’t even show a display device. I tried geforce experience and itfailed. So I went and manually downloaded the driver from the nvidia website…guess what… it failed…

Went and downloaded ddu booted into safe mode ran it, booted backup, driver install problem solved in about 3 minutes. DDU is one of the most widely used and well known programs by anyone that has ever had to fix a display driver issue. Do a google search god’s sake… I honestly really don’t care if you use it, but saying some dumb crap like you don’t trust a software that has to use safe mode is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard here… and that 's saying something… You realize it is absolutely required to boot in to safe mode to fix certain types of malware, rootkits, and viruses right? Do you not trust your antivirus or malwarebytes either???

I didn’t write this just found it on the amd reddit page…

I’m x-posting from /r/NVIDIA because I do believe it may apply to some /r/AMD members. I’m trying to spread the word about my issue.

So recently NVIDIA of course, was being screwy with stuff related to my computer. Right clicking the desktop was slow, and many other things.

Like normal, I download a fresh copy of DDU and do my normal Safe Mode, Clean, Restart, Install. I’ve never had issues with this before, but after trying to install GFE (I actually use it because I find it to be the best screen recording solution for me), it would give me this error “Something went wrong, try restarting Geforce Experience.” So I whipped out my Google-Fu and my limited knowledge as a second year Computer Science student, and tried every solution I found on Google and everything I could think of. Checked services.msc, checked Task Manager, tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. After getting severely frustrated, I went ahead and restored my C: to a few days ago, and tried the process over (since the problem that started this in the first place was still there). Boot DDU, Safe Mode, Clean, Install. But yet the problem still persisted.

Frustrated and beaten, I took to the fourms, untill evenetually coming across the DDU creator on the NVIDIA fourms and sent him an email with all my logs. After a few emails were exchanged, he offered to TeamViewer into my system and solve the issue.

After quite a bit of troubleshooting on his end and trying to figure it out, (over the course of 1-2 hours on a Tuesday afternoon), he managed to track the issue down to my permissions being extremely wrong under C:\ProgramData. Something totally unrelated to both NVIDIA and DDU. I had assumed that DDU was the cause of my issues, but that was not the case. Ghislain Harvey, the creator of DDU, took a long while out of his day to fix the issue for me.

Now I NEVER buy software or donate to any free software. I know, I’m terrible. But as a college student making 10/hr with crappy hours, I went ahead and donated one of my hours work to him even though he didn’t ask. He appreciated the cold beer :slight_smile:

My thanks go out to Ghislain to spending the time to fix my issue. People, if you are considering donating to any software, donate to DDU.

This is one of the absolute best free solutions for fixing issues if your PC is really screwed up… It fixes file permissions, registry issues, and tons of other things… but I wouldn’t use it if I were you because it requires a reboot into safew mode… https://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

1 Like

sorry but there never was a driver issue that couldnt be fixed without DDU sorry dude… have fun
nice book you wrote here… cya

lol ok man, there’s never been a driver issue that uninstalling and resinstalling won’t fix??? Seriously???LOL Hope you never get the message Nvidia driver installation failed. Because I’m not sure what you are going to do since when you try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it and you get the same damn message.

You realize I copied and pasted most of it right? Next time windows fucks up my display driver i’ll make sure and check with you on how to fix it first lol Also I can actually type so it took me probably less than a minute.

I mean technically you are right… I could of done it myself(by cleaning my registry, etc…not by uninstalling and reinstalling), but why exactly I don’t know… since I have a program on my computer that does it pretty much instantly.

Like I said you don’t want to use it no big deal,I don’t care. But don’t be saying shit like it’s malware or dont work or some bs like that.

I’m still trying to figure out why this guy wasted his time making this video when all anyone needs to do is uninstall and reinstall…

i can only talk for me you fucktard I never had an issue that couldnt be solved without that crap…

its not like the internet is full of instructions… why would i help anyone?

fix your shit by yourself.

and go promote your trash somewhere else…

btw do you really think i give a crap about the trash crawling out of your head…

is it your first day on the internet?

your life must be fucking pathetic if you truly care about why some random turd on YT made a video… :wink:

holy shit dude get over it

1 Like

LOL says the guy who took the respond with a bunch of crap. My post was only to help people with performance issues, I’m not promoting anything…just trying to help people… nothing more…

If you can only talk for you then you should do that instead of saying things you don’t know or understand.

ok thanks have fun

Holy shit KCD forums are full of cancer… Cyi must have a small dick

1 Like

thats the only conculsion… my dick must be smaller thatn your clit…

I don’t know if that is a guy or girl you are responding to, but I will give you credit… It takes a big man to admit that… Sorry about that bud. No wonder you’re so bitchy

1 Like