FPS Drops on Video Sequences

Hello all,

i am playing Kingdom Come on my new computer and everything works fine except the Video Sequences/Cut Scenes.

I am playing on High/Very High Options and my FPS are always between 70-90.

But when a Video Sequence starts (like the Scene where Henry is in Skalitz and he meets Runt) the FPS drop to 30 and it doesnt feel and look good.

Same case in Battlefield 1 where i play on “Ultra High” Settings with average FPS between 90-110.
Playing Operations in Battlefield 1 a Cut Scene/Video Sequence starts at the beginning and like in Kingdom Come the FPS drop to 30-35.

I havent figured out why and maybe someone can help me or give a good hint.

This is my Setup:

Intel Core i7-8700K | 6x 3.70 GHz, 12MB L3-Cache
MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Intel Z370
AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB | ASUS ROG Strix OC
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 | 2x 16GB
500GB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD)

Thanks for the help in advance and sorry for possible grammar mistakes :slight_smile:

I heard of this issue when the game released. What monitor are you using because it seemed like it was a Gsync/Freesync bug. Anyway one guy posted this fixed it for him…

"I had an fps lock to 10fps in cutscenes only. Also i had some random frame drops. I found the solution form a guy in an german forum, it was a gsync/vsync related maxfps bug.

in-game, make sure to select the Fullscreen display option (so not borderless, or windowed). Now exit the game.

go to the install directory (by default, this is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance)

make a new file called user.cfg, place it in the install directory

open the new file in notepad

write the following in the file:

r_VSync = 0

sys_MaxFPS = 144

Set the MaxFPS to the rate of your Monitor, like 60, 120, 144, 244 and so on. Also keep in Mind: user.cfg not user.cfg.txt"

There is an option to turn off vsync in the game options now so that command shouldn’t be needed anymore.

I dunno maybe it could help?