"Free World" Mod

Hello,

I’ve been following this game for a very long time and excited for Feb 13th like I am certain everyone here is.
I am watching the Clubit video where he is talking with .Tobi and at around 4:27 Tobias is saying how the game is not a medieval simulator and how it is story driven. (The conversation is about the historicity of KCD). You can’t just be a farmer or anything like that. it right away got me thinking. What if it could be?

This is just a fun idea and I highly doubt possible. Honestly I have only played indie games for the past 8 or so years, this is the first time I think I have bought a full priced 60$ title in that long and a pre0rder at that. I kind of have a problem with “story driven” games, because even if they lay claim to not being linear (and they may really not be) I always feel that they are. IF there is a story there is an end. If there is an end, I’m being driven to that end. (A good example of this is The Long Dark. Such a great game and very much freedom of choice yet I feel confined because of the story)

What I am kind of getting at is… Imagine KCD in the setting of a game like The Guild series or something roughly similar. Where you enter the world and really just do and pursue whatever you want for however you want. What a fun idea for me. : ).
Anyway, just a fun idea for a mod I had I suspect it would be monotonous if not probably impossible to creat. I am very much looking forward to what Warhorse has baked story wise into their game and I am sure there will be alot to do.
God bless.

3 Likes

That could be interesting too, but it would be a very different game . Dan will always make story driven games in my opinion…

I suggest you keep an eye on Ken Levine and what his new studio Ghost Story is cooking. He wants to make a Skyrim like sci-fi game which is story driven, and also SYSTEMIC, so it can be replayed over and over infinitely, everytime with completely different story and outcomes…

2 Likes

Hi, it sounds like you are looking for game called “life is feudal”, seems exactly like what you want? :slight_smile: