Future plans

I highly doubt any sequel being announced at E3. I do bet they’ll be there and announcing the female character and dog companion (which is stupid) at E3 this Summer.

Plus, with the possible release of the PS5 in 2020 making headlines, what does WH have to gain financially from a pre 2020 release from an Act 2? Technology will be better, and investments will be better.

WH has a great thing going with the concept of this game. Maybe not the delivery, but the concept. And I bet…just my opinion… is that they’ll pitch the idea to some backers for Act 2 and once the PS5 is tested, WH will continue production and prepare Act 2 at minimum 2 years from now. Probably more.

But the gamer side of me hopes sooner haha. I love this game! But realistically, Act 2 will not be out anytime soon.

I totally disagree I think they could easily put together 100 plus hours of additional content within the current game. Sand box sounds great and I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens but its not a deal breaker for me.

I know they “could”. But it’s not like WH has the ratings of The Witcher 3. I just don’t see what their gain is right now with a 100 hours of DLC like Blood and Wine or Hearts of Stone. Their Metacritic averages maybe low 70’s. Now, I love this game! But realistically, I don’t feel backers will support such a big sequel or sandbox right away. I bet in time…sure. But not immediately. I really hope I’m wrong. I’ve sunk 100 hours into it already and don’t think I’ll put it down anytime soon. But C’mon… us fans are not driving the reviews and scores. The critics are. And the backers are. It’ll be 2020 at least before a sequel is released.

Its premature to speculate untill they get the kinks out. But this game is unique in that they didn’t randomly generate the landscape the way most open worlds are done. This place is not getting old for me and I hope they reutilize it with additional story and side quest game play. I’m not a programmer but it seams to me that a full games worth of content could be created this way within a year. Especially if they already have a chapter on the table.

1 Like

They’ve got to release something more than facial hair DLC. female character and dog companion as DLC are the equivalent of FO4 automatron and wasteland workshop :neutral_face::nerd_face:

3 Likes

I agree this game had troubles from the start. it had so much potental, and even though scrapping the “3 Act” story of a game (that wasnt even finished to begin with) to sell it as a full price sequal is like a backstab to the community that have been waiting for this game forever.
It still has a chance! if they polish evrey machanic now, and dont let Henrey be a total noob in the sequal. (Because hey KKD is set in the span of a couple months and who can learn evreything about being a master swordsmen in that time) they can add even more skills to learn and sence he is slowly gaining social status in KKD the 2nd KKD can possibly have you ordering a batallion or having more responsability as a nobleman. What do ya’ll think?

I would easily pay full game price or even a little more for a dlc with the second half. I also really want to be able to continue growing pribyslavitz!

The Devs Said They have no intention of doing anything further on Ashes.

That’s a shame I feel like there’s a lot more that could be done with it. Like maybe grow even more then use your own garrison allied with capon to take take down sigusmund and his land

great game still!

Whos reviving these necro threads man.

What we really need is to get all those fantastic Skyrim modders to try out this game, fall in love with it, and give us another couple of years worth of play-through options. There were several of them that had the skills to give us the acts people were expecting.

Yeah, but we don’t know much yet. Maybe they will do half price and not full price or maybe something else. We don’t know we just have to wait until they 100% announce the game.

Welcome to how the world works of business and companies.

How about no horse manes through caparison