Future plans

Hallo… I would really like to know if there are some serious plans to finish the story… as a backer I paid full money for rather unfinished game… lot of features was apparently removed before release and whole large areas of world are empty without any interaction (whole west part of map skalice and its mines, north…) the story is very disappointed since none of main goals or quests was achieved and nothing what hero struggles whole game was achieved. So i am curious if you are planning some dlc or addon to finish the story even if it should be included in original game.

2 Likes

Yes. This was planned from the beginning and is visible in the kickstarter campaign as “Acts”, which you should have seen back then as a backer. We now abandoned the idea of “three acts” and we will instead continue with the story of Henry in a second game at some time in the future. It will contain the content which was planned for the other two acts.
Right now, we are still working on Kingdom Come: Deliverance. This are patches to get rid of the bugs and a DLC. Part of the DLC will be a playable female character, which was one of the strechgoals from Kickstarter, which wasn´t fullfilled yet.

6 Likes

well this leaves me sad… since it will definately demands new money for something it should be purchased for the price of the KC:D… or will there at least be new world?

1 Like

One of the backers posted a write up referencing a village and a portion of landscape to explore/use game mechanics (seemingly sandbox in its description). Will this be in the KCD DLC?

So will we be able to transfer Henry’s gear and skills to the sequel?

So you guys intentionally cut out the ending just to sell it later as a full priced sequel. Nice

kind of messed up. if you can’t port, Henry’s a noob again… and what’s the point of that. conversely, if you can port, then what exactly are you supposed to do other than grind…; the role development would seem out the window

2 Likes

EXACTLY, they should finish Henry’s story in this game

1 Like

I think it would make a better DLC than a sequel.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought they were doing

Me too. It is kinda sad.

1 Like

It’s a pretty scummy move on their part

1 Like

One of the largest games on console and you feel cheated…You can’t please all the people all of the time.

1 Like

Yeah but you could please most by not cutting crucial content out of the game just to sell it off later

1 Like

Editing is a normal part of the creation processes. There are always things that don’t make it into the final product.

That accounts for why smithing didn’t make it but not the 3rd part of a 3 part story. I understand and acknowledge that WH had to move forward. To charge the completion of henry’s tale (3rd part) as a new game instead of DLC isn’t cool until it includes (expansive) sandbox capability not available by any other means

1 Like

Yeah but not the goddamn ending

I’ve said it before, the original Star Wars trilogy was intended to be one movie when first conceived. What matters is if they released something that has sufficient value as a stand alone product. Compared to today’s market, they came through in spades.

1 Like

Hadn’t realized Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back were open world RPGs that had Luke maxed out on development

Big fan of KCD. Spending close to 400h, killing +1500 enemies, and collecting +800k groschen are objective measures of my interest. That said, charging me (and others) full price for the natural conclusion of this game is :smirk::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:. WH really needs to throw in some big bones if they want to charge full price for the next installment. One of the big bones would be sandbox. If they don’t and if sandbox isn’t a KCD DLC, I’ll be headed back to FO4 or some other game

3 Likes

Like Bethesda’s new one they will more and likely announce at E3 in June😆