Gallows Brothers quest bug

Hello everyone.
“Gallows Brothers” quest is bugged if you choose to betray Matthew and Fritz after stealing the money in Talmberg castle. I’m referring to PS4 platform, game patched at version 1.3.
Talking to Matthew gives no other choice but saying him that you want all the money for you, while you should have the option to share it with your friends (it is an active optional objective of the quest). After that he (or Fritz) will attack you on sight. Waiting five days for the robbery to happen at Talmberg cave is useless because the robbery never happens and Matthew and Fritz keep waiting on top of the hill, above the cave, forever.
If you kill Matthew and Fritz and then report to Andrew at the inn, the quest comes to an end but without the “Judas” trophy.

Anyone with the same bug?

I can’t even start this quest. They just stand near the inn and nothing happens when i talk to them, only training options. Very buggy indeed, hoping it will get fixed soon.

Going further in the game, the quest remains open until the start of “Siege”, when a camp is installed on the cave. At that point, the quest is declared “failed” and this happens despite of how much time has passed (surely, more than five days in my case).
So, I lost the “Judas” trophy.

You want to betray them and share the money?
Just asking to understand.

The robbery will happen but like 2 hours after noon.
You have to tell them.what and how to do it.
But obviously not if you snitched first.

I did the robbery.
Let andrew take the blame and after i killed m and f to take the full amount of loot for myself moehahahah

I already wrote what I did, but I’ll say it again.
I stole the money at Talmberg Castle, then I talked to Matthew above the cave.
At this point, I do not have choices: Henry says automatically to Matthew that he wants to keep all the money for him. I didn’t want to share the money, but even if I did, I didn’t have the choice to do it (even if it is an optional goal in the quest).
At this moment, Matthew and Fritz become hostile and attack you if you approach them.
If you go away the quest remains bugged: I waited for more than five days, being at the cave from midday and for all the afternoon but the robbery does not take place.
I tried to reload, without talking to Matthew after the robbery, still nothing happens, the robbery does not take place.
The only way to end the quest for me was killing Matthew and Fritz, then reporting it to Andrew. But this did not give me the “Judas” trophy.

Bro i am.trying to help dont be like this.

You cant expect there to be a robbery if you already have the money?

I didn’t explaying myself clearly.
Twice.
My fault, sorry.

The quest’s goal remains “wait until the robbery happens” even if you steal the money and you tell it to Matthew.
I perfectly know that stealing the money = no robbery, so I thought that after stealing it, the quest goal would change with the options to share the money with the others (with or without Andrew) or take it all for yourself.
Instead, it remains on “wait for the robbery”.
And I even reported Matthew and Fritz to captain Bernard in the beginning.

Jesus man why so angry?
Im not asking because i dont understand you just to eliminate options.

The fact you got into talmberg and got the money fucked the normal.route up.
No money is no soldiers spawning to deliver the bags.

If there is no robbery there is no arrest.

You should if you want reload before getting the money. Snitch to bernard.
And see what happens.

Cheers

I’m not angry, man.
I’m just trying to be clear.
I only say that if I steal the money, there should not be “wait for the robbery” as a goal for the quest. Maybe there should be “keep the money for yourself” or “share with Matthew and Fritz” or “share with Andrew”. But not “wait for the robbery”. And it’s the only option I have for the quest!
So, the fact that “wait for the robbery to happen” is still there even if I stole the money, for me is a bug.

This is quite confusing in all cases: I snitched to Bernard before stealing the money so, in theory, Matthew and Fritz should be blamed also for this. The fact is that something should happen - whatever it is - but actually nothing happens. Everyone stays in this place forever: the quest goal remains “wait for the robbery”, Matthew and Fritz stay above the cave, Andrew has no quest related dialogue options.
There are to ways to “unlock” this quest: killing Matthew and Fritz and then reporting to Andrew and waiting for the quest “Siege” to start.
That’s because I’m here: I just wanted to know if other people had the same problem (waiting for the robbery as goal even if you stole the money) or if I did something wrong.
That’s all.
I’m not angry, I’m enjoying the game anyway.
I just found that a little bit frustrating because it was one of the most complex secondary quests and I wanted to end it in a certain way.

Yes i understood you the 1st time.
But ist reacting with “ill explain a 2nd time” etc gives it an angry vibe.

The problem is indeed a bug in this case.
First stealing stops triggering the spawning of the guards. They spawn right in front of the quarry.
So there never will be a delivery.

Making it so that you snitched should trigger bernard to arrest them at the robbery but see above.

You can only talk to m and f if the guards spawned.

Basicly without knowing you blocked the quest on all fronts making all npcs basicly useless for the quest.
This should be adressed.

I explained a second time because it seemed to me that you didn’t understand. :slight_smile:
Anyway, it does not matter.

So, I ask you (or whoever reads), did you make the quest stealing the money?
Regardless if you chose to betray anyone, did the quest goal change in something other than “wait for the robbery” after stealing the money?

Okay great now we friends.

I did it as described. No snitching. Did the sneak version. Got away with m and f.
Made andrew the scapegoat

Quest completed

After that.i killed m and f and got the whole stack of groschen!

I don’t think we were “enemies” at all. :slight_smile:

I was trying to betray Matthew and Fritz to have the “Judas” trophy.
Did you have the trophy after killing Matthew and Fritz or the quest was already closed?

1 Like

Haha me neither having enemies leads to the dark side Yoda told me.

Didnt get the quest because i officially didnt betray them.
I gave them their share.
Only afterwards when andrew was hanging and they were partying i poisoned their food :grin::grin::grin: