Game Crashes on Startup! #2

So I posted this before but nobody replied so I tought that it got lost in the other posts in the bugs category but anyways, I bought the game today and downloaded it and the first screen with the title comes and when thats over this white screen comes, I am not sure what screen it’s supposed to be because it crashes instantly. It doesn’t tell me anything, only that the game has stopped working. I have tried reinstalling, restarting my computer, ran as administrator, and troupleshooting but nothing works. I am running an WIndows 10 64bit, I have NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070,16.0 gb of ram, and a Intel Core i5. I hope you guys could help me, Thank You. Here is a video of the crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0tdGkQcIW0&feature=youtu.be

Hi, have a similar problem since September 2016. Suddenly the game won´t start anymore. Crash on start immediately.My system is win7 64bit, GTX1070 (former R9 290) and 16 GB of RAM, Core i5. Reported this to the KCD support, but no solution yet. Didn´t helped you actually, but u r not alone :wink:

Hi,
There should be file “kcd.log” in your game directory.
If you send it to me either via PM or e-mail (prokop.filcik@warhorsestudios.cz) then i can have a look.
You can send other files with “.log” suffix if there are any.

I am not sure though whether we will be able to help, as the beta is over a year old.

note: if you diced to send it by e-mail. please attach link to this post and your nickname

Are you installed in ‘Program Files’ or some other location? I have had my share of UAC conflicts in that location even when switched off, or running in Admin mode… so tend to install at least some applications elsewhere.

Ok, I will send you the email right away.

Nice to know I’m not alone.:wink:

Ok, I will try.

Any progress on this? I’m having the exact same issue. When I click play it gets to the next screen but then just ‘KDC’ stops working…

Nah, haven’t gotten an email back from them yet, but to be honest, I don;t care that much because I mean, atleast I’ll get the game when It comes out. And if it doesn’t work then, I can always delete System 32. or watch vids of it

We are still investigating the problem :slight_smile: