Game freezes at game menu

I just downloaded the new Hans Capon DLC and every time i press escape to open the game menu, the game just freezing up with the sound still playing.

Anybody else with this problem?

1 Like

Please make a bugreport to
support@kingdomcomerpg.com

Thank you!!!

Same here!

I fixed it by deleting my mod folder!

2 Likes

so then by that logic it would be they no longer offer Mod support or the Mod folder is causing Conflicts?!

It’s really odd because even I had this issue and also random freezes too.

I’m having the same issue. Only have two mods installed, both of which are in the correct path. I also tried validating my files and taking a look at the log, but no luck. I deleted both mods and the Mods folder and the escape menu worked fine. Hopefully we find a fix soon! If there was a way to close out of the escape menu that would maybe be a temporary workaround.

well as for me I was just annoying that the only option I had was Crash the game or Try my luck at mistakenly crashing for hitting the ESC menu.

This was happening to me and i fixed it but I’m not exactly sure which thing I did that worked because first of all I used DDU to uninstall my graphics drivers and then reinstalled them, and secondly I’m pretty sure I had a memory leak. These are the steps I took to fix it

• Hit Win Key + R
  • Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
  • Go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
  • Find ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1
  • Restart the computer.

Disable Runtime Broker to fix high CPU and memory usage

• Go to Start menu > Settings app and then open System > Notifications & Actions. Deselect the option “Show me tips about Windows” and reboot the computer.
  1. Right-click This PC.
  2. Go to Properties > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab .
  3. Under Performance, click on Settings .
  4. Now, click on the Adjust for best performance radio button.

Disable transparency

You can turn off transparency effects in Settings > Personalization > Colors .