Game using 100% disk start after moving to brand new ssd?

So I was tired of my hard drive clicking constantly while running around the countryside so I went out and got a brand new 500Gb samsung 860 evo ssd. At first I moved the game files over using Steam but the game wouldn’t get past the warhorse logo. Next I completely did a fresh install and same issue. If I wait long enough the game will eventually start but it is constantly using 100% of my ssd and will constantly freeze before finally crashing during the opening video. What happened? The game worked fine on my hard drive, and now I can’t even get to the main menu and I really don’t want to accept that I bought this ssd for nothing. I tried other games and they work fine on the ssd. Specs are

CPU: Intel i7 4790k
RAM: 16Gbs DDR3
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 980ti
I have a boot drive, a hard drive, and this ssd is my third drive. I’m not sure why this is happening.

And don’t suggest any of those disk or texture pop in optimizing mods because I literally can’t even get past the opening video to the main menu much less get into the game.

Could an antivirus (or two) be checking those files…

Have you tried leaving machine for fourty minutes to see if windows sorts itself out?

Open resourse manager and look at what that drive is doing:
Is it reading/writing, and is it just steam accessing it.

Thank you for the reply. I still don’t understand what is going on. I made an exception for it in windows defender, and I have no other active Antivirus software. I looked at the resource monitor but I wasn’t really sure what to make of it. I’m not getting any missing .dll errors or anything like that. The following 2 pictures are the resource monitor and task manager when I’m idle, and about 10-15 seconds after I try launching the game.

I’m not sure how to use this information but I can’t for the life of me see why this game refuses to run on my SSD.

Thanks for pics…

How come KCD install so small?

Check files with Steam , yes?

I’m not sure. I’ve done fresh downloads several times. Each time it’s just a bit over 37Gbs. Should it be larger? The steam download page says you need about 40 gigs of space so that seems right…how big should the KC:D file be?

Although the one time I did verify the files it said there were 50 files missing, then proceeded to downloaded ANOTHER 37 gigs…so I figured it was just broken. I honestly have no idea what is happening.

42 gb on mine without From the ashes DLC.

42528 MB to be exact

Mine was 55gb (ish), though would feature HD sound, voice and textures.

Your total drive space suggested it might not have been a full install.
That being the case; some sort of file check could be making the activity fire up, and may explain the game crash on startup.

That’s so strange. What would cause steam to not install the full game to an empty drive…I’m not even sure how to go about fixing that. Last time I tried to verify files it tried to install another 37 gigs.

I also have an SSD but to me it works fine. The game is very heavy to use. It is like carrying concreat with a riksja.