Getting political

They voted for a con man misogynistic gangster who made his money by screwing the people who worked for him(among other nefarious miens), and then expected him to make America great.
Ya, great like a great war
A great famine
A great disease
A great tragedy.

Seriously, given this “con man’s” rising popularity, and the unexpected legal scat storm Mueller un-wittingly managed to release upon himself recently, the Liberal con man argument isn’t aging well.

@Justin1 Assuming you’re old enough to work and/or file a 1040, or one of it’s derivatives:

How big of a tax cut did you get from our POTUS tax breaks?

And least you think I’m picking on/bullying you, know that I’ve been pondering about the same question of everyone. Particularly that part of the populance which considers itself the Progressive Left. And especially from the likes of the more wealthy Progressive Liberals (i.e. that enlightened 2% which is Hollywood).

Like a Rosie O’Donnell. Or the A lister types the likes of Tom Cruise, DiCaprio how much in millions did Trump’s tax cuts save them?

And on the other income end —where us peasants were told to scorn $1,000k+ in “Crumbs”: Care to share how much in “crumbs” Trump’s tax cuts saved YOU personally? :joy:

2 Likes

It appears AZ doubly offends you as both transpired

2 yrs into admin. excuses never cease no matter which party is in office
 a reflection of American impotence

AZ as in state of Arizona? Don’t understand your comment

Yes, in Arizona aka AZ students took off class time to do both protest gun violence and 2nd amendment protection.

That wasen’t a tax cut so much as it was a pay off. Did you notice the increase in spending?
The wealthy of this country are in a hurry to bankrupt the nation so they can chop it up and sell it off. It’s all they know how to due. Opulence breeds stupidity.

It was a tax cut without a commensurate reduction in expenditures
 iow, a balanced budget buster
 as in the thing one of the parties championed for years as their cause celebre. As things stand now, Americans are incapable of dialog and collaboration. They just b-tch about the opposition. If b-tching were an exportable commodity, US would have an astronomical trade surplus

I blame it on the corporate media. We need to take back the public airways so that we can actually have public discourse instead of two puppets that make a big show of fighting each other while doing the exact same thing.
The internet kind of dose that but the war on net neutrality is aimed at ending that.
Still there is a lot of money pored into directing and controlling content on the web.

Ok thanks for that clarification

No. AZ could never disappoint me the way CA has. CA is at the very bottom of the Mariana’s Trench.

You see, exactly 40 years to the date, CA citizens had an important choice at the voter booth with Prop 13. They could either:

1.Keep their kids smart

Or

2.Keep their homes

Yes. The enlightened denizens of my Golden state opted for #2 over making a better future for their children.

And yes. The last Republican governor in CA was Reagan (minus the 3 RINO CUCKS after him that claimed Republican :joy: ) Which means the Golden State was (and continues to be) run directly into the ground by Democrats aka the Progressive Liberal Left.

TL;DR (especially if you can’t survive the wall of text in the link, here’s the essence of the article). Ever since, CA school districts have become increasingly dependent upon the state government instead of the local communities where students live and are educated.

PENNER: How is Prop 13 connected to education funding?

FARYON: Well let’s go back to prior 1978, back in the day when schools needed money. More money to hire students, to pay for classrooms, supplies, and so on. They basically looked to the local taxpayer for money in the form of property taxes. And in fact, they set their budgets, went to the county assessor, the property tax rate was set, and then they collected enough money. As much money as they needed. After 1978, what happened was we couldn’t do that anymore. It was a statewide cap. One percent – that’s all the money that you got. So as a result, before 1978, before Prop 13, statewide the schools had a $9 billion budget. After Prop 13 they lost $3 billion – a third of that – overnight.
1 Like

The latest report shows that the tax cut is practically paying for itself because revenue is dynamic. Companies are paying less, so they are hiring more people and giving bonuses and pay raises to their employees. More people have jobs mean more people paying income tax. More people having more disposable income by virtue having less money taken from them means they spend more, which in turn increases revenue from the sales tax.

When it’s reported on before it passed, they used a static budget and never took into account how people’s changing finances changed how they handled their own money and how much of that ended up getting taxed.

Here is my source from Investor’s Business Daily.

2 Likes

I could care less about tax receipts now 
 wouldn’t matter of positive or negative. The question of intermediate and long term impact is still unknown

I disagree. Reagan did the exact same thing and it led to 20 years of economic prosperity. Then in the 90’s the budget was balanced for the first time in decades.

It only ended as we ended Clinton’s administration and was underway the George W. Bush administration.

1 Like

Disagree about what?

You’re so caught up in your Cali myopia* that you miss the larger problem: America’s primary and secondary education systems suck irrespective of prevailing party in power

AZ, a Republican stronghold, ranks 48th
AL 47th etc

The US does tertiary and quaternary education well. But, at primary and secondary level, more need to get past party affiliation and recognize the systemic failures that are. The US charter school model adopted by many states is itself validation of these systemic failures

*-I’m not denying what you’re saying about Cali but it’s not the larger, more fundamental problem

More specifically, it’s not being wasted on fivrolous spending where the taxpayer will NEVER recoup its benefits.

Per Sen Paul, this Fraud/Waste & Abuse is like wasting $99,787 in taxpayer dollars to train Kenyan farmers----on how to use Fakebook & Google on their smartphones :joy:

https://www.paul.senate.gov/sites/default/files/page-attachments/2017FestivusWasteReport.pdf

That 2% Progressive Left, upper class, Silicon Valley elitist Zuckerberg needs to explain why he didn’t think to proactively do this himself. Directly from his personal multi-billion dollar fortune.

Some $3Billion in taxpayer money that went to socially just causes like funding a clown school in Argentina and sending motor bikes to Pakistan. :crazy_face: $3Billion that could’ve been better spent in our US educational system!

Now why should I a poor peasant hoarding my “Crumbs” have to subsidize what Kenyan farmers are doing in their country? When this money could’ve hired TWO new STEM teachers in the K-8 system right here in CA for a year? Perhaps as much as THREE new STEM teachers elsewhere in the country where the cost of living is significantly less.

So like I said, it’s insane. Liberal logic never ceases to amaze me each day :joy:

American logic never ceases to disappoint me in its profound myopia

Precisely.

Thank you for being mature enough to admit Hillary’s pay to play and Public v. Private positions to Wall St existed.

Now somebody had better get this word to upper 2% elite rich people in America today. I don’t think they realize they’re in the cross hairs of the Progressive Left

Especially since 5/10 of the top 10 richest people in America today identify as Liberals who support the Progressive Left

https://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/top20/#317ddda72445

btw @Justin1 : Trump is in process of delivering his decision on Iran. Nice to see that “Con Man” Trump has been true to the Electoral College & campaign promise. He just pulled out of the Iran nuclear affair. And per his own words, is in process of sending his ambassador to have more developing talks with N. Korea. And just reassured the people of Iran about what to expect from the US in the future. This is not the mark of duplicity, but accountability.

Presumably he’ll ask of them to forget about US involvement in Iran (Mossedegh, SAVAK, etc)

I’m agreeing not to disagree with you.

But understand my rant is that I can only speak for CA since I’m a resident of this state. So I can only address your forest level strategy from a localized tree level. That being said, CA is second only to the New England states for having the highest concentration of k-12 & post secondary schools per capita. So yes it’s a single piece in our 52 state puzzle. But it’s also one of the most significant because some 12% of the US population lives in the Golden State.

MidW, SE, SW and abroad here
 many trees have been seen