Go. Shop. Pledge

There it is:

Looks like they’re having some trouble with the digital tiers so those of you who want that, keep an eye on it.

There are no interesting tiers with sword or at least with all three acts. Anyway I am not bothered with that, I am not buying games with DRM. However if they announce DRM-free option, I want something to upgrade to. I really liked the pledge options with all acts on Kickstarter.

We’ll have to see if some of those more limited tiers make it to this or not. Earl and Duke might be possible since they weren’t limited, and King hit about half of the 500 limit on Kickstarter. Everything above that was the swords and visits, though they did say they will probably be able to offer some kind of sword that’s different from the Kickstarter versions. We’ll find out sooner or later.

I do see the digital tiers listed, by the way.

why isthe digital baron 20$ more than on kickstarter?

It’s not. $40 USD on Kickstarter, $45 USD through the website now. Remember the currency differences. Also, people who missed out on the Kickstarter (by choice, limited payment options, lack of knowledge of it, etc.) should expect a few dollars difference for these levels. That’s probably an extra little perk of getting in during the Kickstarter phase.

o yeah other currency sorry.

The troubles were solved, you can pledge without any fear. Thank you for following us so quickly!

3 Likes

I see the Twitter stuff first, and just set notifications for Facebook to “On” because otherwise it’s going to be increasingly more difficult to see everything there thanks to their monetization efforts.

YAY, FINALLY! :slight_smile:

Now spread the word, guys. :wink:

One issue about the pledges: it’s not clarified imo for which platform people can pledge. If it’s only for the PC version (so far) it should be marked that way. It should also be notified that alpha will only be available on Steam Early Access and beta (probably as well). Just saying, better to be honest and upfront from the very beginning… :wink:

Edit: found the respective information by following the links on the right site. But some of them should probably visible on the first shop site as well to minimize confusion for backers/consumers.

1 Like

what’s happend with the Shop Icon?

Shop icon = Pledge icon now

2 Likes

Hi there, just a short question.
As I have already pledged I am just wondering if the new call for money is only adressed to “new” people" or is there a way to upgrage for those who have already spent some cash? (or maybe other goodies planned)
Thanks,
Hannes

I would also like to know if there will be any way to upgrade our existing pledges… I have the Digital Baron at this moment (from Kickstarter), and maybe I would like to upgrade to the Viscount tier…

So, will pledge upgrades for KS backers be possible, and will they be ‘discounted’ in any way? Like the way my $40 Digital Baron cost me $40, would I have to pay the full $30 to upgrade to Viscount, or would it cost me $25, since that’s the difference between Digital Baron and Viscount in the pledge store now?

Same question guys! Have you got any answer from developers?

I was going to pledge for the level that got your own character in the game lore or whatever it was, but that’s not an option, meaning Warhorse gets a huge loss of money from me… :confused: I blame Paypal not letting me buy this on Kickstarter…

Keep an eye on their next blog post, where higher tiers sound like they’ll be addressed.

Looks like King would be the only level that’s still available for a memorial cross, assuming they offer that further. The other, higher tiers all sold out except for Illuminatus.

If they do offer King again down the line, the remaining count was 258 out of 500.

Looks like they fixed their pledge store somewhat:
Before, I couldn’t ‘upgrade’ my Digital Baron pledge from Kickstarter, it only offered me a full new pledge for $70 when I clicked on Viscount.
Now, I can upgrade my pledge to Viscount for $30.
So, upgrade is based on how much you pledged, not your tier title (I pledged $40 for the Digital Baron on KS, and it costs $30 to upgrade to digital viscount).
I would have hoped the early backers from Kickstarters would keep their (small) $5 discount :slight_smile:

If higher tier packages are planned, I’ll wait.

I think it would be really cool to be able to pledge extra amounts for those small gifts. Does anyone agree here?

I’m happy with the tier I pledged, and don’t really want any more than that (in terms of access, dvds, books, etc.) But, I would like a few of those cool little gift things (like the coin, shirt, etc.)

Does anyone think the pledge system should accommodate this? I’m sure loads of people would happily pledge an extra £5-10 or so for some extra goodies who wouldn’t otherwise pledge anymore (especially those on Baron tier and lower).

Thoughts?

Yeah, I already suggested add-ons for the pledge shop. :frowning:

Or they could just establish a small merchandise shop instead.

3 Likes

To be truthful, I don’t think they should go too crazy offering “a la carte” items in the shop. Part of the thing with the higher tiers in Kickstarter is you have to pay more if you want some of the neater perks in addition to the basic reason you’re pledging.

I don’t think we can say for sure just how much each part of a perk costs (Warhorse can probably break it down, though), so if someone put in a few hundred dollars on the promise of the game, additional acts (which are hopefully made later), and six or seven other things that are only available to people at those higher tiers, it would undervalue the pledge to me if all of a sudden on the shop you could pick and choose just what you want.

Or, like they talked about with the sword, it could be something where they offer more but the things in the Kickstarter project itself are kept special or unique somehow.

Things like the shirt, poster (signed or not), dice, action figure and coin (brass or silver) had no real limit to them, though some of them didn’t become available to pledgers until hitting the Duke or Earl tiers. You couldn’t get the engraving or in-game crucifix memorial unless you went up to King, and that’s a limited tier. They set it for 500 and almost half have been accounted for, so they could offer about another 250 but I think it should be kept tied to the tier itself instead of allowing people to, for example, pledge Knight and add-on the engraving for extra.

Maybe that’s just me. It’s their shop, their need to make whatever they can to help the game be even better, and those who pledged during the Kickstarter phase made a big statement for the viability of the game itself but that doesn’t mean some of the things Warhorse offered can’t or won’t be broken up somehow in their own shop.

Just my opinion.

2 Likes