Guide/Advice and FAQ

I’ve played this game nearly non-stop from release, completing the main story and many of the side-quests. I have a ton of knowledge on how this game works to its core and am here to supply and help those in need with any advice I can provide. I’ll try my best not to tell what path to follow, simply to enhance your gameplay with knowledge being provided here. Some tricks and tips I’ve learned while playing are included.

Starting in Skalitz

To Start lets begin in Skalitz. It flourishes with content at your fingertips.
As a new born Henry there is lots to learn and to. The tutorial starts in Skalitz and there is a lot more to do then meets the eye.

These are the noteworthy things:

• The time stays at the tenth hour, you have infinite time to learn without any harm.
  • There several thousand herbs to pick. You can do this to earn some easy levels and later acquiring extra Strength experience via the unlockable perk. Also these herbs can be sold for easy early groschen, or saved for later in storage for after the tutorial.
  • There are some guards you are able to sneakily knockout and steal their equipment.
  • Cows, Sheep, and chickens to train some basic combat skills.
  • Items you put into the storage chest inside the kitchen where The bandages are won’t ever disappear

First things first, I like to knockout a guard as this can be a hit or miss. This can only be done if the guard has a halberd, else there is no reason as you can’t kill him and you can’t loot his unconscious body. There are two safe locations to knockout and kill the guard. Again, the only way to loot these guards is if they are dead and the only way to kill them is with the halberd. Don’t forget to hide their body!

Guard Safe Locations

After you kill the guard you are able to kill the Cows and Sheep without anyone caring. You can collect their meat and bring it back to your home to cook, thus you'll be able to sell it for some easy groschen. Don't forget to save! The game will automatically give you free Schnapps during the tutorial here so feel free to use them up. No need to spend that well earned Groschen on them either.

If you decided to stick around long enough the guards switch shifts and you can’t get some extra gear to sell later. By putting it in the storage chest inside the kitchen area.
Alternatively you can have some fun.

But I don't advise as the guards are extremely powerful

There are a multitude of things to increase your reputation and different categories of reputation.

Villagers, Quarrymen, Soldiers, Traders, Citizens, Refugees, Countryside
These all can be increased in different ways.

• Assisting wayfarers
  • Kill bandits on the road
  • Giving to beggars
  • Giving traders extra money in haggle
  • Completing quests and activities

I’d strongly suggest trying to be a near saint during your first playthrough as much required dialogue for completing quests, even the main, requires a good standing. Else you will be paying huge fees to npcs just to talk to them. If you must be a criminal then be inconspicuous!

Economy and Groschen

One who has coin also has power! There are many ways to make coin, having coin will greatly increase your chance of survival, some either than others. One thing you REALLY need is a horse. If for some reason you don’t already have one head over to the Uzhitz Head Groom - he sells a very cheap tier1 horse. A horse is more of a mule than anything.

Some Ways to Make Coin
  • If you’re a capable archer than you can head into the forest for some of the easiest coin with little to zero danger involved. Although poaching is illegal you can still take your raw meat to any place you can cook it (such as a tarvern or lodging) and then sell it. Cooked me is not illegal!

• Treasure maps. These maps if you’re able to acquire will lead you to gold mines. Be sure to take a spade! Always, ALWAYS, have a spade on your horse. You never know when you’ll need it.

• If you’re a capable lockpicker there are chests scattered throughout the map waiting to be opened. If you need some quick lockpicking skill levels you can head to the Miller in Rattay, Theresa’s uncle, and ask him to show you how. He will lead you to a chest behind his house with an easy lock. This chest can be lockpicked a thousand times without penalty, besides losing a lockpick if you fail.

• If you’re a capable warrior then you can head over to my other topic I’ve posted to find all the locations of bandit/cuman camps. This is in my opinion the fastest way to earn coin. The topic is here. This is more specifically why you need a horse. A horse acts as a mule and a superman(horse). During this state of the game is it is currently, you’re able to loot everything off of the enemies you have slain thus acquiring an infinite amount of overweight and still your super horse will be able to carry you and gallop to your nearest trader if need be. If you’re really capable you can go to Pribsylavitz and there is about 27 enemies there, kill them all, and carry the 2000 weight and gallop to Uzhitz. (This can only be done prior to Viper’s Nest - after you raid it)

More Details on the economy now. Traders..

• Trader’s Wealth Traders have a particular amount of wealth and as you sell your wares to them they are suppose to increase their wealth by selling your wares for profit Many of my traders have extremely high wealth, upwards of 60k, and thus making them a perfect place to sell that 2000 weight of loot you have.

Example of Immense Trader Wealth

Trader%20Wealth

• Haggling This mechanic will allow you to sell your goods for thousands of extra groschen, the amount is determined by your Speech skill and your reputation with traders in that region. There are some fancy perks to allow you to haggle for more and make your haggling experience worth the effort. Later when you attempt to sell loot worth 10k groschen you may be able to haggle for 12-13k with little effort!

Schnapps (Saving)

Schnapps are your lifeline. They range in price from what I’ve seen of 24 Groschen all the way up to 190 Groschen. I’d advise that you try to keep upwards of 10-20 Schnapps on you and save frequently! Probably once every 30 minutes. Its important also to spread your saves out instead of just overwriting the same save. This way in case something happens you’re able to travel back in time. Alternatively you can brew these potions. Brewing is cheaper, however if you got the coin then perhaps why waste the time.

To brew them you need:

• 1 nettle - Which can be primarily found along paths, houses, and fences. If you’re in the Skalitz tutorial area theres over 2k nettle you can find.
  • 2 Belladonna - Either purchase for around 3.4 Groschens from Herbalists or Apothecary’s
    I’m beginning to create a map with locations of abundance of this herb, honestly just easier to spend the few groschen however.

Extra Cheap Alternative Whenever you come across a lodging or a deserted camp you can sleep for an hour to save. Just let the full cycle of an hours sleep occur.

Easy Pickpocketing

Occasionally you’ll come across a battle in its midst. Sometimes you’ll see between 1-3 enemies tied up on the ground. Feel free to practice and level your pickpocketing on them! They won’t do anything and they are bandits so who cares :joy:

Look Here!

Making Very Hard Locks a Little Easier

FAQ

• Q) Where do I purchase a bow and some arrows?
  • A) There are 2 Huntsman, 1 directly north of the tarvern to the right of the barkery in Rattay, the other is directly southwest of the lodging in Talmberg.

• Q) Where do I get a horse?
  • A) If you’re asking this go to Uzhitz, a cheap horse is there for around 120 Groschen.

• Q) Where can I find roe deer?
10/10 Times I find em here near the ruins - marked.

* If you would like me to touch up on some other topics or have any questions for me to answer for FAQ, feel free. I'm here on the forums to help very frequently! Hope some of this info will help some players. I understand this is some basic knowledge however several players have messaged me requesting i do something of the sort. I've left out a lot however free with a topic you require advice on and I'll do my best thoroughly. I'll frequently be doing my best to add more. * Combat can only be explained with the company of a clips. If this is truly desire I will work on it. I'll even show that it's possible with a very low skilled henry. Both single combat situations and multiple enemy combat situations.

Plans:

• Go more in depth with reputation and what specifically increase particular reps and each city.
  • Making a map for Belledonna abundance locations
  • Possibly gonna make a map with locations of chests with valuable goods inside (including the treasure maps)
1 Like

Hey there,
So i’ve killed most of the cuman camps and i’ve sold all of their gear and now im on a quest that needs cuman armor for disguise…
I cant find any camps and i dont know where to get the cuman armor.
Any ideas?

The camps Respawn. The 2 closest to Uzhitz are Cuman camps, and the one directly south of the one west of Uzhitz is also a Cuman camp as I recall.

Theres 2 camps, 1 east and 1 West of Uzhits and theres also another camp South of Talmberg but all of these camps are empty at the moment.

They do Respawn, trying leaving their vicinity and waiting a few days. I’ll test to see how quickly camps respawn tomorrow. Else leave the quest for later and before you know it the time will pass and you’ll check the camps and they have respawned

Yeah i’ll do that.

Also i’m stuck in a quest Thick as Thieves - woyzeck the miller.
If u know what happens in mainquest in merhojed you know what im talking about and i cant finish the thick as thieves side quest

Honestly haven’t done any of the criminal quests with the millers. I strayed away from those because I wanted to get the achievement of having all good reps in all cities. Sorry

Where can I butcher Pebbles?

Bring it here. A proper resting place.

You get a bow and arrows following the main quest extremely early (and if you’ve trained up enough, a Cuman bow requiring 11 Str and 6 Agi… or swapped values but I know it’s those, I just got it again on my second playthrough)

You get a horse following the main quest extremely early. Don’t bother with sidequests, just train with Bernard for a while so you get good at combat mildly and then main quest until horse.

As for reps: Give money to people on the road who ask for it, kill bandits around cities and keep yourself clean in general, as well as do quests for the people in the town. That’s pretty much it at the moment for getting reps up AFAIK.

Would be cool to get treasure map treasure locations though, for sure.

Wayfarer traders sometimes has treasuremaps

O.K. reading your guide i gave it another try.
Meanwhile i have 200 Groschen, bought the dagger , most traders have no more money.
i can progrss strength with collecting herbs, it is awful.
how can i use the dagger i bought.
I equipped it in the inventory, but no response.
I was whistling picking flowers beneath the sweet magnolia trees…

Daggers are automatically used when you stealth kill (need a perk for it).
There’s a mod to add wealth to traders otherwise just visit them a day/few days later.

1 Like

I am still in the starting villageSkalitz.
I want to stealth kill a guard, take his weapon, …

Like I said in this scenario they can only be loot once killed and only be killed with a halberd

You need a perk

So i go into sneak mode with c and attack the guard, is that right?

thank you all for support, what name has that perk?

In order to do this you need to crouch and knockout

How do i knockout?