Hanz Capon keeps following me but won't talk to me. *possible spoilers*

Going back to the previous save as suggested doesn’t work? I assume it wouldn’t since quite a few of us with this issue are on PC with latest version since the start…
Really loving the game up to this point so hoping for a fix asap!

Yes, i followed the instructions but it doesn’t work at all

So, I’ve been having this problem for quite some time now, and trying to go back to an older save from 8+ hours of playtime ago, is not something I want. Instead, I hoped to fix the problem by entering combat and making Sir Capon follow me in. But here’s the problem, Capon started attacking a enemy, while the rest went after me (this is the Ruin quest btw). After i defeat the rest of the enemies, the battle music is still ongoing, and Capon and the last combatant are Nowhere to be found. The game thinks I’m still in combat, so I can’t save or do anything.

As a steam user I installed KCD after day 1 patch, but I also got this annoying bug where hans follows me everywhere and just kills the whole game with it. This is a SHOW STOPPER. Please fix this before you do anything else! :rage:

1 Like

The same thing is happening to me and I have the latest patch and I’ve seen others start a new game with the latest patch and still get the bug. This is game breaking and they say they fixed it but obviously not and I’m not starting a 22 hour save again.

I’d rather my money back.

Same bug for me (Steam v.1.2.2), Hans interrupting to give the bath house quest but won’t leave and it’s breaking the game. Reluctant to even try going back to start of Prey - that’s about 4.5 hours of gameplay for me! - as others have mentioned this doesn’t fix the issue. Please fix this ASAP Warhorse!

pls, fix it, I can’t play with him behind me.

I wish I would have bought this game over steam so I could have requested a refund. Sadly I dd not… Please fix this because it is ruining the game! I can’t do shit without that wanker disturbing me!

I have to move vary fast and never stay in one place for long time. If he comes to me and I talk to someone, it will end conversation. Finish any quest is pain.

what i did was do as much things i could do before the quest “Prey” i went out to find better armour. Did loads of side quests and anything i could. I updated my PS4 to 1.03 and it looks like it is fixed

I’m currently having this problem as well. It both started and is persisting in game version 1.2.2. I can’t talk with anyone, wait, or sleep without him interrupting the action. If I get far enough away from him, I can do these things as normal.

2 Likes

Please fix this crap, about done with this game, restarting the whole game isn’t a fix.

1 Like

(PC-Steam) I as well have the same problem with Hanz Capon. No matter where you go Hanz Capon fellows interrupting cutscenes and dialogue. you can fast travel away from him , but he always finds you and ruins the chat/quest dialogue. Unless he is half way across the map you cant sleep to save your game or use the waiting mechanic. i Have tried as well to meet Hanz Capon at the bathhouse to finish the quest with no luck.

Steam user here (version 1.2.2) and have the same problem, in the current state the game is nearly unplayable since hans cancels all dialogue/waiting/quicktravelling etc.
Hope to get a fix asaP, since I really love this game

I don’t know if this is of any relevance but as I freed hans from the kumans I only killed the swordsman of them, not the archer. The quest did end while I was still in combat with the Archer.

1 Like

Same here, on PC (steam). Very annoying, and going back to a save and losing 6+ hours of gameplay is not an option. Please patch this ASAP. Great game, but God, this bug…

1 Like

SPOILER ALERT
no, is not. I killed swordsman (actually archer killed him when he was standing between me and archer :D) and then when I started fighting with archer he escaped. So, only swordsman was killed. then I went back to camp and helped hanz(untied him). After cutscenes I did some parts of main quest and went to bed. When I woke up, hanz was there. I talked to him about baths and after that I continued with main quest. When I was killed and started from my save game(before talking to hanz about bath) I cannot talk to him again. I don’t have option to press “E”. I try to continue investigation. Now I talked to priest in the pub and waiting for next day when he promissed some help. But I have to travel around whole map to run away from him and get some time to talk with people. If I stay in one place for one day he is destroing my conversations. I was doing searching for ginger for half day. Made me very angry. When I talked to people in coal camp and he interrupted us I couldn’t ask same questions again. Marks on the map didn’t change. I knew i have to be looking for the cabin in forest, but didn’t see it on the map. So I talked to people in coal camp again, but it didn’t make sense what they said. I had to ask about thinks I knew, about thinks they already told me, but this time they didn’t wanna tell me. I think i made this part because I found other way how to continue. Actually they told me where to find him 3 times, so maybe I found 3 possible ways how to continue in main quest. Took me half day!!! I love this game, but now I wanna punch someone from Warhorse Studios!!!

2 Likes

it doesnt work. This is driving me crazy and i cant do anything about it. Now i hope this problem will be fixed VERY soon.

So I started quest with me and Hans hunting and I dont see this bug any more. Maybe it helped. I didn’t update game, I always had version 1.2.2. I just reloaded game and it looks like I can play without this bug now. I lost more then 8 hours of playing, so i am still angry.

Same bug here. Yet again another customer with a game breaking bug. Are there ANY updates on this? I am on PC version 1.2.2. Was any user testing with the production version of the game before it launched? I love the game, but I cannot play it?!?!? This is very frustrating.

As I just wrote. Start again quest with Hans when you go hunting. I think is called “Pray”. You have to load first save with this quest. It helped me, but I lost more then 8 hours of gameplay.

1 Like