Hardcore jail

Had a go at hardcore yesterday, and whilst retrieving Kunesh’s axe, I got stopped by a guard. Naturally all skills too low to argue and no money, meant jail.

I died in jail. I skipped the cutscene which I assume would have shown me how I died.

But this brings me to my main question. In hardcore mode, do you get a chance to feed or sleep when in jail? Given in normal mode you just see the passage of time with no option to feed or sleep, I really hope in hardcore you can? Otherwise it’s utterly pointless and an automatic death sentence. At least in normal mode being hungry and tired don’t really pose that much of a health risk for most jail sentences.

I maybe don’t get your question right but:
You can (or better WILL) only die in jail during the prologue
It’s not because of hunger etc…You died because they burned down the town (and the jail)

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation - I’d assumed that was why, but it then made the other question:

Are forced to go ten days without food and sleep in hardcore mode because the game doesn’t let you have any interaction with your character when in jail?

Or can you now interact with your character in jail unlike in normal mode?

I hope i don’t tell bullshit now but I guess Food and Sleep Stats didn’t change at all when you are in Jail (Like in normal mode) :wink:
That’s what I remember so far…I use to kill the whole town before going to jail haha :smiley:

Jail is skipping time and only that.

So in hardcore mode jail is skipping time without any negative impact on sleep and food? Not very hardcore.

Because in normal mode, jail is skipping time WITH negative impact on sleep and food.

i rly don’t think so…

I come out from jail in normal mode hungry and tired.

Admittedly it’s been a good while since I’ve been in for a long stint, so it’s possible they’ve changed that.

Also, your perks may influence it, in terms of the standing still one that doesn’t drain hunger or energy.

That would make sense, yes…got this perk!
But on the other hand: What will safe you from starving when f.e. 10 days in jail
(without the perk of course)?

I really hope its not one of those “Ironman” modes or at least gives the option to disable that. I want a challenge but I’d rather not restart the entire game from a glitch killing me.

When you go to jail they feed you just enough to live. However, they made it so time just passes by without any player interaction. It’s not like an Elder Scrolls game where you always have a way out. These are small one man dungeons with a guard posted and they always take your lockpicks and no one comes to open the door for you while in jail. That would have to be during a specific quest or some kind of criminal mechanic where you pay a guy before hand to break you out.

Oh man the negative perks are such a great idea, and it reminds me of traits in Fallout. I always loved traits in Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas where you could choose two traits that each had a positive and negative to them, and I was quite annoyed that Bethesda decided to remove them in their titles. It just made the “role-playing” bit more interesting. For example, I loved the “four-eyes” trait in New Vegas where you have less perception if you don’t wear glasses, but a bonus when you do. So I would always wear aviator glasses and a cool cowboy hat.
For this though, I think that the nightmares and sonambulant perk interest me the most, if I were to do this. I haven’t actually played Kindom Come yet, I’ve been waiting on updates, however I don’t know if I should play straight away when I do get it, because I could do without features like no autosaves and things like that. I hope these options are togglable, but it doesn’t seem like they are.

Stock up on schnapps!

I’d go straight into hardcore. I find the combat so much more fluid and natural without having the prompt/swing indicator. The lack of saves can be irksome at the start, but as @longshot300mag says, just buy/brew as many saviour schnapps as you can.

Jail works exactly the same in Hardocore as it does in Normal mode, but the sentences tend to be longer and the penalties harder (from what I’ve noticed). Jail is NOT skipping time. Jail is spending time in jail. You get fed automatically and you get some sleep automatically, just not enough, so after 10 days you’re a broken man. You cannot die in jail. You can fail quests in jail, however, because some side quests are timed.
Other things jail does: it can partially restore your reputation - after you’ve been punished, people are more willing to forgive you for your crimes. And long jailtime can bring NPCs back to life (it’s a way the game compensates when the player decides to become a serial killer).