Hardcore mode was a missed chance

I was quite disappointed to see that while the new hardcore mode strives to increase the challenge in the game, it does not remove the annoying slowdown on defense in combat.

This is one of the most annoying crutches of the combat system - it disrupts the flow of the combat, and breaks totally the immersion. Hardcore games (Dark Souls, Nioh, etc) do not need like that, and I strongly believe players would appreciate the option to turn these slowdowns off.

2 Likes

Go and install some mods then?

Doesn’t annoy me much, don’t dramatize, but I would like to try how it feels without this slo-mo

1 Like

If using PC, you may be interested in this:

I can’t play without it anymore, started the game since the beginning without slow motion using this mod and definitely feels strange/out of place the slow transitions, from my point of view.

2 Likes

Thanks, that is helpful!

1 Like

Not everyone is on computer. The combat is really slow. There is a difference in taking your time in combat and having me do the buttons for a kick or a punch or whatever and then a second or two goes by until the animation happens. Combat isn’t terrible, but it could be way better.

Some day I may get a computer, but today is not that day lol

I have reasons to believe that it’s not an actual feature of the game but rather something to do with your graphic card. It doesn’t happen on my setup. (No mods.)

Dark Souls? You’re comparing the combat of Dark souls to KCD? You serious? :joy::joy::joy:

Dark Souls is like tiddlywinks in comparison with KCD. That sadly has been lost on you. Keep dodging around until you learn the enemy attack patterns is child’s play, plus imho boring and not a challenge. KCD is hardcore combat.

1 Like

That mod is indispensable. It makes combat a lot better. I was hoping to see this officially in hard-core mode too. Please devs, make this an option.

1 Like

Right, Dark Souls is hardcore God of War with a stam bar/drain…literally 0 combat interface in comparison to KCD. IF you want to compare something to this game’s style it would be For Honor; which not only do I think is comparable but is more fluid, granted more cinematic and less realistic

1 Like

I would just like to see combat speed increased just a smidge anyway…like speed up the entire game if need but but only when engaged in combat. As I mentioned earlier, there is a difference in a slow fight due to taking your time and being careful and slow combat during a relatively “intense” fight, like happens in KCD

So I’ve tried that mod and damn it feels amazing. WH totally should make it an option to disable slo mo. I mean mods are fine but when it’s legit it’s a different thing

2 Likes