Hardware Requirements?

XBOX ONE users lolololol (sorry)

1 Like

Hehe sure, But they area clearly no PC gamersā€¦ :smiley:

At the end of 2015 a new gaming PC capable of running the game at high settings on 1080p will cost less than 500 bucks. Thatā€™s a given thing. I donā€™t think people have to think about sytems and hardware yetā€¦ :wink:

Well thos are good questions. The closest to the most recent CryEngine are CryEngine 2,3 and you can test that with Crysis titles. Hoewer it is an open world game, It will be GPU heavy. There will be a lot of things on the screen, and the bussines logic will take some hefty chunk of performance down. Hoewer you dont need to have everything on MegaUltra settings. They are developing it for Xbox one, PS4 and those arent that drastically different from the ā€œolderā€ hardware configurations.

In other words, if you can run Crysis titles on Maximum details without any tearing, you will run this on high detailes without any problems.

1 Like

Is there any hope that it will run on my MacBook Pro?

yes, poorly. laptops arenā€™t really pc-grade hardware.

Good my 3 year old PC is somewhere between those two cases (And it wasnā€™t the best money could buy at the time, although I admit it was nearly the best)

Eurogamer: Can a Ā£100 PC graphics card match next-gen console?

Star Citizen is PC only, as far as I know, which makes quite a bit of a difference.

Thanks for your Response!

Hey. There is an answer in the video I linked in my Thread.

In the video they said it will have the same requirements then Crysis 2. That may changed by now.

This was some presentation long time ago and it was running on 3years old laptop with mobile GeForce 555M, which is definately not a piece of next gen hardware so I assume it will be optimized well. At the other hand it was only a tiny part of the whole world without game running over itā€¦ (no AI, NPCs etc.). I will be buying new PC this year so I hope they will be able to deliver even better graphic on PC over next gen consoles but I am completely happy with what I have seen so far. Question : Is it true that Cryengine support multi cores (CPU) and it is good Idea to buy 4 or more cores for future gaming?

Sure I know that this Video is kinda old, as I mentioned in my Thread.

But he was talking about the game and not the tech-demo, as he said that its going to have the same requirements then crysis 2.
ā€œIt may changed by nowā€, but by the looks of it they had the same level of graphics and they were talking about a huge area (beginning of the video).

JW, what GPU do you have?

Iā€™d like to know because my current build is crap and I donā€™t plan on sinking anymore money into it for the time being if not for a long time.

Also nice to see the usual graphic>gameplay people, not like anyone is going to be civil, may as well bash someone elseā€™s preferences while weā€™re at it.

1 Like

Iā€™d really love to know the setup that the developers are using. that would give us a close idea for the perfect hardware setup