Have No Idea How to Save Sir Hans Capon

This is exactly what I did.

It took me until nightfall to find him. Because I was on hardcore with no waypoints on my first playthrough. I was also fully burdened with too many items so I walked around at 1 speed the whole time. Basically, I killed a deer to beat him at the hunting challenge and the deer meat overloaded me.

Once I found him, I saved and snuck in to untie him and we both slipped away into the night.

No fighting.

There was no way I could kill one of those guys, let alone two!

also played with 10-15fps during my first play true… make perfect blocking easy after I got a new PC…

I sneaked up and freed him and we sneaked most of the way back and didnt have to engage them in combat whatsoever. In the Middle of the day too

Thanks this is one of the three good replies in this thread. I just started playing and I’m happy there are more options to this game than just picking up loot and swinging it around like a maniac. Because I really don’t like the idea of doing that job for Peshek, or running around the streets at night knocking everyone out. Plus I didn’t train before this quest only the one time as I am playing it very linear. So, I’m trying to rescue Hans with no gear, no arrows and a blugeon/seax.

After trying to defeat the two Cumans in combat multiple times and failing, I came to the conclusion I had neither the skills or the kit yet to defeat two Cumans. at that point in the game.

Because of this I decided to try the stealth approach, I crouched and set myself up directly behind Hans, not far, just by the small hillock so I couldn’t be seen. I then pushed the time forward to 1 am. It was very very dark.

Then crouching all the time I moved very, very slowly towards Hans and when just behind him, the untie option came up which I took. When Hans was untied he said ‘Follow me’ and this was only posssible by using the compass and following the A shield.

This all worked first time, without a hitch. I’m thinking that as the quest is so early in the main quest line in the game, it’s more about teaching stealth and that there are other options to combat in such situations. Either way, it seemed so much easier than taking the two Cumans on and then success in this quest opened up some good stuff.

You can also sneak up one, kill him from behind. Then face the second one. Or use a bow

After getting the knife and unlocking ability to stealth kill it becomes pretty easy to raid camps at night. Too easy actually so that it isn’t even fun anymore.