Help! Bug? "Masquerade"

Couldn’t agree more with you! From what it seems on your version she’s looking for the maze. Cause in mine I think she just found her new passion of being suicidal.
I did manage to find her , on the sky, falling to her death… So kind of confused what to do as I can’t really communicate with a corpse :joy:

1 Like

As I was riding into Talmberg I saw some woman floating in the air, 100% it was olena.

I don’t see her anymore though, dissapeared completely.
I wish we could just use some console cmds like fly for the time being, the quest bugs are starting to get annoying.

Never ride horse with Olena. Just walk there slowly, thats all. And Uncheck Masquarede quest follow. It helps.

What do you mean? I don’t think I ever rode horse with Olena. And do you mean walk slowly towards where the quest marker points?

Btw Olena moved for me (so she at least isn’t dead I suppose). Earlier the quest marker pointed to the bridge in Talmberg and now she’s at the same position as in @Docik’s picture. I hope a patch will fix this. Finished the game and I just have some quests left which I can’t finish because they’re bugged:

• Masquerade (side quest)
  • A Bird in the Hand (side quest)
  • Rob the Rich, Give to the Poor (activity)
  • Green-Eyed Monster (activity)
  • In the Cloister (side quest - actually finished this one but it’s still in the quest log)

same here. all the civilians in Talmberg have vanished. this is after seizing the castle

This bug was fixed for me and Olena shows up after I activated the “hare hunt” Quest (Talmberg master hunstman quest) - this quest opens up after the “Viper’s Nest” MAIN QUEST… hope this helps

She is not missing. Just not where the marker points. If you are facing the tavern, turn right and head to the main street. That is where she usually is. Btw, after getting the uni form ready, what are we supposed to do? The quest just ended for me.

Thanks! I’ll give it a try

Spoilers: Debated if I should respond because i hate spoiling games for people.
Spoilers Ahead-Ye Been Warned.
At some point, Olena is killed. Guards/Gravedigger eventually remove her body. so this may not be a bug. olena is dead. devs warned that game does not prevent questgivers from dying - either by your hand or other npcs.

Except there are plenty of unkillable NPCs and some of them, like wayfarers, and Vyshek (sp?) the guy from Skalitz in green that gets hit by a flying turd, even if they die, will magically comes back to life and act as if nothing ever happened.

and so many people killed olena? :confused:

I can’t find Olena either. have definitely not killed her. Haven’t killed any npc in Taumberg. I don’t kill friendlies as a rule.

In my playthrough, Oleana was floating in the air, and, in one moment, she just crashed to the ground…dead as the doornail. So i just unchecked the quest and moved on.

i have 2 marker on map from 2 different quests … bottom right but outside from map -.-

That’s what it looks like when you’re under the map. I guess Olena is dead and now in that grey box

1 Like

Managed to teleport myself into the box but I can’t talk to her (thanks to the user spraguep from nexusmods). If someone wonders why she’s gone/how she died. Probably like this

1 Like

nooooo -.- oh pls warhorse xD

Yep, really annoying. I don’t mind that quest related NPCs can die but it sucks when they die because of a bug. I wouldn’t complain if I had killed her myself but spawning in the air and then dropping to her death is just some bullshit :smiley:

Yeah i restated due to bugs in other quests and have a save just before opening Talhmberg gate, but i don’t think i will continue till they patch the quests, she seems to have a huge chance of spawning in the air and falling to her death in the little stream near the bridge or up on the hill, i don’t want to get 20 hours along in the game to find out she died and then be told quest patch fixes only apply to new games etc…

That’s what I’m afraid of. I’m at ~99h…