Help me with my system

Hey guys, I know there are a few posts like this one right now, but would anyone be so kind as to help me out with my system to figure out what I need to upgrade to play this game with a better frame rate and less heart attacks from my PC. I’m an avid gamer but don’t know that much when it comes to hardware nowadays since there is so much variation and combinations/options.

Currently I get around 30-40 fps when I’m just walking around, however when I started the sword fighting tutorial my PC basically keeled over and died from heat. I don’t know what my frames were exactly but it definately seemed in the range of 10 ish with frequent frame lag spikes and I could have roasted marshmallows out the top of my tower.

Here is my setup:

i5-4690K 3.5 GHz Quad Core
GTX 770 2GB GDDR5
ASUS GRYPHON Z97 Micro-ATX
8GB DDR3-2133

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Firstly, the game is not optimized, so 30-40 FPS isn’t that bad. However the dip in performance is an issue obviously. Minimum FPS is more important than average.

The 770 is now two generations old. I would suggest either the 1080, or much more reasonably priced 1070, both of which will be launching soon.

Your CPU is fine, although 3.5 is a very conservative speed for the K version. You should be able to bump that up. If you’re having heat issues, then check your cooling paste, or possibly replace your cooler.

I would also suggest another 8GB of RAM. RAM is very cheap right now, so definitely worth getting.

3 Likes

Well, for your system and the stage of the Beta right now you do have some really good FPS. The game is not properly optimized right now, so the best you can do is just wait for updates. But as @Aradiel already said, more than 8GB of ram could be no harm. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the help guys. I’ll probably start with the RAM and then upgrade the GPU when my wife isn’t looking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, do you think that overclocking my CPU would benefit me much here? I’ve never done something like this before and I only have air cooling so I’m not even sure if its feasible.

Yes. I think that’s the problem. That, and you said your CPU was overheating, which would be what brings it to a crawl. If they overheat, they thermal throttle. CPU cooling should be good enough that you can run them for hours at 100% without overheating.

Even overclocking my PC i’m getting at maximum 30 fps. i’m using a GTX750Ti, i5-3330S, 8Gb RAM. i know they are opitimizing the game so i’m looking forward for new updates

Burn, motherfucker, burn! :о)
Try 1080ti. I’m suck with 1080 in 4K.