Help us to spread the word!

Already plastered my facebook with this link as soon as i saw it on kickstarter, along with sharing it with people i meet in games who have never hear of it before.

2 Likes

How about recreating or copy a Key as part of the minigameā€¦is another way to pick a lockā€¦

2 Likes
      How about recreating or copy a Key as part of the minigame.....is another way to pick a lock....

I think we had the same ideaā€¦

:smiley:

What I am really missing on the warhorse homepage is a download section!!!
There are no wallpapers for downloading!

Come on! Make some cool stuff for downloadingā€¦
A forest themeā€¦, Henry with sword, castle on siegeā€¦, a map of Samopesh, a complete map of Act I,ā€¦ect.

And every week some new pictures from inside the studio.
This is easy to realize, but has a great effect. There must no be a video every two weeks, but stay in contact with your bakers.

6 Likes

@Blacksmith Double Shoot ā€¦got meā€¦ :relaxed:

[quote=ā€œBlacksmith, post:23, topic:22035ā€]
Come on! Make some cool stuff for downloadingā€¦A forest themeā€¦, Henry with sword, castle on siegeā€¦, a map of Samopesh, a complete map of Act I,ā€¦ect
[/quote] and some Concept Art Picturesā€¦I love themā€¦

4 Likes

I prefer to give us an option to bash doors open altogether with lock picking.
There is not such thing as ā€œlockedā€ inaccessible door in real life - every door can be cracked open with brute force, especially considering Medieval times.

It will be very best if you give us an option to break most doors, with some conditions and logical restrictions of course - Henry should have the right tools (weapons) and some skills to do it. Also, his reputation should take a hit if he tries to break a door for no good reason in a village in plain daylight in front of everyone :smile: Maybe even guards or random tough fellas should try to stop him doing it, but the option to use forced entry would be so cool!

Iā€™ve always disliked RPGā€™s where the player isnā€™t able to smash any doors and is forced to lockpick them instead as his only option to go past them. It ruins the immersion, because every door can be forced open. You are able to kill dragons and in the same time canā€™t go past a simple wooden door because it is ā€œlockedā€. Nonsense :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It depends on how much your and your familyā€™s safety is worth to you. Paying a little extra is certainly worth it.

If you think that medieval doors would crumble under brute force, then you probably never visited any castle or old house. To the contrary, most doors in the old times could withstand quite some force. People couldnā€™t just call cops for help, didnā€™t have easily usable firearm for protection, and had to expect the very worst from anyone who would get through.

1 Like

Although your argument about security is right, it does not change the fact that any door can be breached. This is valid especially for medieval times, where door breaching frequently was the only way to capture a building. Linked video is interesting, but has nothing to do with the topic IMO.

What I meant was @warhorse to give us a REASONABLE option to break open a door, not some arcadish button mashing. Any decent wood cutting axe could make a short work of any wooden doorā€¦ along with all the immersive consequences that an action like this will bring into a game like Deliverance.

Hope you understand me.

BTW: I use a semi-automatic shotgun for home defense.

Most doors in that time were from really tough oak wood. Many of them have lasted until today in castles/historical buildings. Yes, it is breachable, but in no way easily. Axe would take a shitload of time, and castle doors usually had extensive iron parts, making axe next to useless.

I hope you have earplugs next to the shotgun. Losing hearing/half of hearing with the first shot may be quite a bad situation if you get multiple intruders.

1 Like

I would echo sentiments that some doors can be breached via force, but some cannot, either due to the construction of the door itself, or the amount of time it would take to actually axe a big enough hole to climb through, etc. (I wouldnā€™t mind the game allowing you to axe away, but since it would take so long, it would undoubtedly end up causing enough guards or townsfolk to arrest you or attack you).

1 Like

I suppose we agree on the topic. Door should be breachable, but with severe conditions.

Keep in mind that I wasnā€™t speaking about breaking castle doors, but a commonerā€™s home. I highly doubt that many Medieval village shacks had strong oak doors with iron reinforcements :smile:

As for the shotgun - I hope it would never come to that, but who knowsā€¦ I live in apartment building on higher floor, so I suppose intruders would have to come through the only door if they arenā€™t ninjas. I guess then they will be easy targets swarming one after another, if only someone of us could notice them before they break in.
Shot is lousy as f*ck, but does the job right :wink:

I use 9mm pistol as HD gun. If I went larger, Iā€™d prefer SBR. Apart from the capacity and better maneuverability within rooms compared to long shotgun, mainly due to much lower loudness.

But I very much understand the choice of shotgun. Good luck to you and I wish you that you never have to use it.

1 Like

@WH_JiriRydl Whatā€™s the motivation for Henry to pick a lock? Medieval farmers were very poor. There must be a good reason to break into a House and steal something. For Castles and Houses of rich people, I understand it. But not for a village like Sampose. So not every door is interesting to open it.
Btw: Please donā€™t make chests like in ACā€¦ :wink: I wonā€™t run from Chests to Chestsā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

itā€™s about choice and immersion. if henry could break into a castle as a thief character but cannot break into a poor farmerā€™s houseā€¦

3 Likes

Honestly I plan on picking every lock I can find and stealing everything that isnā€™t nailed down.

When I play TES or Fallout NV I ā€œcleanā€ everything up everyone gets killed I take all their stuff and everything in the building that can be physically moved and place them ā€œin a safe placeā€.

I plan to do the same in KCD.

2 Likes

being this is a game that introduces realistic consequences, be prepared to have bounty placed on your head and a high chance of capture and execution for stealing and killing everything

3 Likes

Yes Im very excited to see how my rampages play out in a game with an ā€œadvanced Reputation systemā€.

I hope its as difficult as I imagine. If I succeed it will make it that much more gratifying.

3 Likes

Good thing thereā€™s video games so we donā€™t have to do this stuff in real life :wink:

2 Likes

You will see how important is to pick a lock :-)!

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see itā€¦ :smiley:
Cā€™mon give us a Little Pictureā€¦ :smile: Just to tease usā€¦
:open_mouth: Damnā€¦Jiri is a tough oneā€¦ :smile: :smile:

3 Likes

E3 was great help getting the word out there but thereā€™s always more mountain tops to shout from!

On Favlist we can help rank KC:D and help give it exposure, when I first learned of this (9hrs ago) it was rank 55 and is now at rank 46 with our help we can get it bumped up to number 1.

@stalli111 has Youtube channel that goes over the topics major and minor in KC:D and is a great place to link people wanting to learn more.

@Perry Also is Youtuber he has making some great gameplay videos of Alpha 0.4, where has been covering the quests and the many things available to do so far.

He even has made nice combat guide.

Watching liking and commenting on any of the available videos out there also helps.

4 Likes