Help us to spread the word!

Hello world!

I spend a lot of time by talking with journalists, which is just cool, but today I would like to ask for help YOU!

Can you help us spread the words about the game outside this forum, please? What would you suggest to make lock picking minigame interesting to people who didnt try KCD yet? What would you like to see in next videoupdate?

Thanks a lot for your ideas! The best idea will be rewarded by cool picture of me!

Lets go :wink:

5 Likes

I would make it harder than the average game. I think people are sick of the easy games now a days and want a real challenge. Make in depth too if you can make half as in depth as the alchemy i think people will really like it and want to support the game.

Not sure if this is possible but maybe how the combat is looking with motion capture. Also maybe you could include when the combat will be implemented in the alpha. I am also curious to see how the stealth mechanics will look.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t learned enough about the lock picking myself to know what makes it interesting.

Sticking to realism has won allot of people over, avoiding the generic system thatā€™s become commonly copied from Bethesdaā€™s games will attract more interest.

Some updates on the progress of combat.

smithing if its ready to be revealed, its going to be a major part of our lives in KCD.

6 Likes

Smithing maybe? Or not ā€˜ā€˜seeā€™ā€™ but talk about? Also I dont really need to ā€˜ā€˜seeā€™ā€™ things, just small updates by Dan on the progress etc. talking to the public (us) about what has been happening, how is the progress going ect. Maybe talk in depth about other classes, talk about the BARD if possible, what he will be able to do? Or what the concept is. The smithing, maybe what youll be able to smith (armour,sword, knives, maces? shields?), will you need to gather resources/buy them/kill animals to collect the fur for the scabbard. Also some information about gore? How it will look like or how you guys want it to be. Blood/No blood etc.

3 Likes

Yes totally this has been discussed allot by us but not so much by the team.

More in depth coverage on the class system is also something I would love to hear about.

4 Likes

Also it has been said that Henry will have to eat and drink. Will he cook or will he buy food or steel etc. Also if you guys have a concept on some sort of ā€˜reputationā€™ system, Dan talked and it has been discussed that if Henry is a strong guy or has a shiny armour on he can persuade people onto agreeing with him or giving him things for free. What about bad reputation? If he kills someone innocent in the town or is a thief and steals things, and someone catches him in the act and reports it to a guard, will people look down on him as a murderer or a thief. or am I thinking too far ahead? :smiley:

4 Likes

Hard to sayā€¦cause Iā€™ve no Clue how you created it in KDC. But Lock Picking in medival times should be very diffrent.

ā€œLocked doors in RPGā€™s? For sure, but rise your skill of Lock picking and open them all!
Be Aware, you could get caught. Be fast and quiet or you will find yourself on the pillory.ā€

I knowā€¦funny englishā€¦sorryā€¦ :grin:

Iā€™d like to see more from the dev processes. Some new Pictures how you making Progressā€¦horseriding, Buildings (like a Mill or a castle)ā€¦People clothesā€¦something like thatā€¦

4 Likes

Not always the same lock system. Most off the games have only one picture of a lock, and the game has no variations. 150 time the same lock is boring.
Henry is a blacksmith. He should make a second key,ā€¦certainly he couldnĀ“t be, you know. smithing. :smile:
I think itĀ“s easier make lookpicks self, then find someone who sells, that stuff.

A cool quest would be if you must open a chastity belt, for some reason. :wink: Maybe the husband lost the keyā€¦

Now back to the game,ā€¦ the problem is there are only a few lock in this timeperiode, and the mechanic is handmade and crude (?),or very expensiv and filigree. No chance to open this with todays lockpicks.
If realistic there should only be 50 locks in the gameā€¦

Lockpicking makes no sense, if you can open it with brute force. A wooden chest is easier to open, ā€¦ at the wood.

If you want a realistic lockpicking game, it last long and make no fun

Make it simple. A left and a right key for balancing the power of the spring. Up and down key for pulling in and out (slow).

Handmake lockpicks and a set of different keys should work.

5 Likes

Inside of a castle and a battle on horsesā€¦

1 Like

Definitely smithing, melee combat and maybe seeing more clothing/armor of the era.

3 Likes

I think it would be cool to have a brute force option if actually picking the lock fails you, but it would make alot of noise and leave behind evidence of a break in. sou you could take a rock and rap on it till it broke or something, with a likelihood of being heard.

4 Likes

With pleasure. Already doing .-)

I think that what everybody expect/want is to see the most common form they will meet in-game. Just make a story behind it and a rewardā€¦ a bow and few arrows so people can get reward they actually can use in aplha.

Allways good to see some new combatā€¦ specially if Victor is dying playing :- ) But I would like to see graphic making too. So far I dont remeber any one of them speaking in updatesā€¦ what they think about having hundreds of ingrediences in achemy for example :smiley:

3 Likes

No, no a blacksmith uses (for brute force) different crowbars, knives, drills,hammers, chisel not his own sword. And the noiselevel depends on his skill.

2 Likes

The raid into a castle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Henry needs some importent documents. He starts at a small door with a old rusty padlock. Using grease at the lock. Now itĀ“s save to open the lock with his picking tools,ā€¦ they donĀ“t break.
Henry enters the wine cellar. ItĀ“s dark, but he donĀ“t needs a torch. Maybe a potion for nightvision.
He follows the stone stairs up and is in the kitchen. Two maids sleep at the big oven. He is quiet and makes a decision between three doors. The door into the forecourt is ajar. But stop, there is a guard and two torches enlighten the place. Sneak like a thief through the shadows or knock out/assassinate the keeper. Henry trespasses the main building. The dog is not a problem. Meat with poison/hypnotic or an arrow should work.
In the second floor is the office. But the lock is really hard to open. Maybe searching for the key (in the bedrom of the earlā€¦), break the door, or across the balcony + ladder and an open window. :smiley:
In the office are many books and documents,ā€¦and yes Henry can read! After searching, he found in a cupboard a secret storage. A metal box, with a lock is there! Time for lockpickingā€¦

[Maybe a side mission:
Free someone out of the prison or
Open the chastity belt of the pretty daughter (old earl)
(Okay this is not The Witcher,ā€¦ but it would be cool, really cool!!)]

Now itĀ“s time for actionā€¦ take a warhorse (!!) Riding across a bridge, strike down some guys with your shild, be faster than the following guards(with horses) and escapeā€¦

I think this would be impressive and speak for the gameā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Your concept is clear, it is very special local character and is based on micromanagement. Thus, the target group is defined. Some like it, others there is nothing in this form. Parallel many other medieval game approaches are available, each has its target audience. For Act 1 I can think of no meaningful gadget, which could result in a major shift of target groups. Wait and react in Act 2 (if necessary). Something else will not allow the story, as revealed sufficiently in the forum.
For example, if the combat system is too specific, it has a fascination for cracks, for the average gamer, it is difficult or impossible to access and deter.
Also think you have to make you realize that if there is to be a realistic picture of the Middle Ages, a very mature game should be. Much will be difficult to transport in our ā€œhumanā€ world. An exciting project ā€¦ :wink:

I like the idea of Infiltrating a Castle by its secret escape passage. You pick the lock there and open then the gate for your friends by night.

Perhaps one of Hernys friends is stuck in the pillory. By night you go there, pick the lock and free him.

[quote=ā€œBlacksmith, post:14, topic:22035ā€]
Open the chastity belt of the pretty daughter (old earl) (Okay this is not The Witcher,ā€¦ but it would be cool, really cool!!)]
[/quote] But what do you do if your skill is not good enough? Oh oh,ā€¦the Show is over and you have to go,ā€¦ :joy: So I prefer the millerā€™s daughterā€¦no locks there for sureā€¦ :innocent:

4 Likes

When Henry comes to a locked Door he has to make a decision:
Try to knock down the lock by brute force ( (by 10% Chance) But with much damage and noise. You have only one try)
or to pick it.
There should be 10 or more groups of locks. Henry has to learn each group (like Alchemy reception)
The groups are depending on how safe an expensive a lock is.
If he hasnā€™t learned the lock heā€™s trying to pick there is no chance to pick it.
The skills let you pick it faster and with less damage an noise. If the damage is too big, like a brute force, other people can spot it from the street.

@WH_JiriRydl Eiserne Schƶnheiten" Der Blick in mein Buch "Eiserne Schƶnheiten only just in case you donā€™t know it :wink:

2 Likes

i think you should mention how medieval locks work differently, or similarly to modern locks, use examples of decent modern lock picking mechanics in splinter cell chaos theory to provide some contrast and comparison.

i assume there will be no x-ray vision, so picking will rely on other cues like sound, but will there be any indication, visually? generally feedback provided by character in whispered self utterances ā€œalmostā€, ā€œno quite rightā€

2 Likes

I did a Video about Samopesh. Tried to make it bugfree. :smiley:
About the daily routine of the people. And the the beauty of this little village.
You can use it for promotion KCD.

3 Likes

Apart from the content mentioned by all the other people, map extension would be nice. For example the nearby monastery that is talked about by the villagers. I guess that daily routines around monastery will be quite more complicated than in the village, so it would serve also the purpose of game testing quite well if it became implemented in the next Alpha release.

2 Likes