Help with changing the texture for saddle

Hello,

I’m trying to do something fairly simple but it won’t work and I don’t get what I’m missing.

I simply want to exchange the texture from the noble saddle with the one of the hunting saddle since I want it to be blue but still be the noble saddle.

So I used this https://gamedb.gg/games/kingdom-come-deliverance/item-ids-item-spawning-guide/# handy tool to find out that the ID for noble saddle with 4 saddlebags is 41f6e46c-bca6-16da-169a-f0c8f1a6e2ab

In data/tables.pak/libs/tables/item/item.xml I see it is horse_saddle_004_d
So in data/characters.pak/objects/characters/animals/horse I find a couple of horse_seat.mtl and horse_saddle_pickable.mtl + a couple of textures of the saddles

So I ASSUME that horse_saddle_004_d is somehow related to horse_seat_v004.mtl or horse_saddle_pickable_004d.mtl because this is the only location of saddle textures and files I could find.

I change in the mtl files this
" File=“objects/characters/animals/horse/horse_seat_var004_diff.tif” />
to
" File=“objects/characters/animals/horse/horse_seat_var002_diff.tif” />

Since the 002 ones are the BLUE ones that I want (I changed every texture line with var004 to var002, the spec etc as well)

But ingame it changes NOTHING. I even changed in the item.xml the horse_saddle_004_d to horse_saddle_002_d but this also did nothing. Then I got desperate and tried the ugly solution of replacing all saddle textures with the blue ones. Still no change. The saddle is still red and green.

What else do I have to change to make it work? Are the actual saddle textures located somewhere else? I only have the pretty horse mod and I don’t see how it should interfere with the saddles.

Help greatly appreciated.

edit: when I unpack the content of data/characters.pak/objects/characters/animals/horse into a folder and use the star citizen texture converter, both v004 and var004 tif files are showing the blue saddle, still ingame is the GREEN AND RED saddle texture but WHY? Where the heck is this texture and information stored??

in the horse mod and in fastload i replaced all the files as well.

First off, I agree that the hunter sadlle is the best looking saddle.

Second, here is what it looks like if you do the “ugly solution”:
Noble saddle with horse_seat_v002 texture:

Hunter saddle for comparison:

Two propblems I detected in your ocean of words:

1. I think you want to replace the textures in Objects/characters/animals/horse/cloth, not the ones in Objects/characters/animals/horse. I don’t know why the same texture appears in both places, but thats what I did and it worked immediately.

2. You keep reffering to horse_seat_var002, but if you look again it’s called horse_seat_v002. Maybe this will help you with your initial attempts.

By the way, as you can see in the images, simply switching the texture will indeed make it blue, but not similar to the Hanter saddle. The saddle bags have separate textures, and the studs at the bottom of the Hunter saddle are not in the Noble saddle.