Henry's Moral Dilemma (Spoilers)

If I’m not the first to mention this then forgive me for redundancy; however, if I am, then allow me to propose an idea for the expansion: Henry should face a similar moral dilemma to which his father did.

His father, Sir Radzig, a member of the aristocracy, engaged in an intimate (and perhaps loving) relationship with a peasant girl. This liaison resulted in a child (Henry). The liaison ended because Sir Radzig chose to prioritize his duties of State over that of his obligation toward his lover and offspring.

Fast forward to Henry.

If the player chooses to romance and bed Theresa, I believe this should result in pregnancy.

Henry journeys with Sir Capon to meet with potential allies, who, upon learning of Henry’s parentage and martial prowess (William the Bastard anyone), propose an alliance sealed with a marriage/engagement pending Henry’s legitimization (made likely by Sir Radzig’s close relationship with the deposed King). Or however Bohemian rules of succession were determined.

This herein lies Henry’s dilemma, if of course, the player has chosen to fornicate with Theresa. and of course he does not yet know of Theresa’s pregnancy, so perhaps Henry finds out while alliance negotiations are occurring.

To make Henry’s choice all the more consequential, the alliance and marriage could be tied together and should the player refuse the marriage, end-game consequences.

Just a thought.

3 Likes

Interesting propositional story line.

Better yet… he should get every chick he bangs preggers…

1 Like

I would really enjoy a form of familial experience with blood feuds and other types of alliances, especially considering Henry’s slow rise into the nobility he belongs in. I would love to hear your thoughts on fleshing out that sort of thing.

It’s a terrific idea to add some weight to the romance options and not just be the slam bam then the same old “Hi Henry” dialogue the next day as if nothing happened which it’s at now but maybe the part about forming an alliance isn’t the best place to put the branching. From what the main story tells us the next act rests almost entirely on this voyage to forge the alliance and if they muck it up or add the option to do so, it may require rewriting the whole act just for one romance branching which way too much work and expense.

Red wedding anyone?