Hit them legs

Hello again!

I’ve been watching more and more videos about the game recently. I noticed you can’t aim for the legs even if they are clearly unprotected. The only way you can hit them is with a bow and arrow. It would be more realistic if I can hit any part of my opponent. Without being limited to chest, head and arms. Just wondering if it might be added, if not…meh.

Here’s a few unrelated questions :grinning:

Can I disarm my opponent?

When a knight is down, can I immediately go for the kill, if I have a knife or dagger?

Can I kill people during their sleep?

Is the dagger really only usable during sneak mode?

Will a shield on your back actually protect you or is it just for show?

Can I disable the impaired vision when wearing a full helmet?

Will there be any sort of dismemberment during combat or cutscenes?

That is all! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

-I think there is a special move to stab people in the foot, but appart from that I don’t know.

-As far as I know, you cannot disarm people (although it would be cool. Maybe in a mod?)

-There are finishing moves, but I don’t know how they work

-Don’t know

-Yes (unfortunately)

-Not sure

-Yes, you can lift your visor

-No dismemberment planned

That’s about all I know.

1 Like

IRL, attacks to the legs are relatively rare in wide measure as the nearest targets are arms, head and upper chest. Closing to strike the legs often leaves you wide open. Once in the closer fight strikes to the legs become more common, but the need to control the opponent’s weapon and protect your own head still biases attack and defence to the upper body.

If you do close in game, the unterhaus may well strike the legs, but it is risky if it isn’t sufficient to gain permanent control of the fight.

2 Likes

IRL, if I were fighting and enemy who is watching my every move. I wouldn’t do it, unless I found a window of opportunity to strike. This can cripple my opponent, giving me an advantage. If my opponent isn’t well protected or has no protection whatsoever. Besides not everyone in those times, were experts, they were most likely farmers, mercenaries and townsfolk.

If you were to quote the question next to the answer, it would be a lot easier to tell. I had to look back a few times to see which one you were answering.