Horseback Riding is a Detriment to an Herbalist

Sounds crazy I know. but On this current play line I delayed having Pebbles for some time and walked a lot over roads and fields and found and picked a wagon load of herbs that I would have merely rode past.
If I tried to ride and pick I would have spent 70% of the time getting on and off the horse.

Picking by walking at the side of roads lead to “oh look over there!” moments off the road side.

This results in filling my herb supplies and increasing my Herbing skill more rapidly. Also if you take the perk Leg work you get 1 point for every plant you pick and so eventually gaining strength while picking.
All this would only interest those who would be interested in herbs and or alchemy.

1 Like

Vitality is one of the most developed skills I have exactly because of your reasons. I also skipped main story for a while and just picked everything there was to be found.

It’s how I start my games just walk around skalitz picking all plants I can, you can get the leg work perk there if you pick everything then I go to the back of skalitz and proceed to punch the 2 cows to death to add strength.

I did this too but with a horse.
I gave it no saddle.
Didnt ride it but let it follow me by whistling.
More as a pack mule.

I was given a tip early in the game to pick all the herbs while Henry was still in Skalitz .
Roaming around the forests picking items and hunting is still one of my favorite pastimes in the game.
I hope WHS adds more variety of herbs and flowers to pick and use for making potions.
Maybe add some real medicinal herbs that were used ?
I don’t know though if the ones already in the game were really used.
It would be nice to know in the Codex.

1 Like

If you are at a alchemy bench when reading the recipe book you can change it to the Herbarium. Containing info on all the ingame herbs and flowers👍

3 Likes

I did see the herbarium, but I didn’t “read” it, since at the time my main focus was on making potions.
Guess I’ll have to take time to read it.
Thanks.

1 Like

I took time to read the herbarium and noticed one herb that is listed that I have not found in KCD.
Henbane, which turns out to be nightshade.
Interesting read on belladonna:

1 Like

I believe it was removed from the game for time sake but left in the book.
Alot of things were taken out of play but left in the coding and as a non usable artifact.
Perhaps left in for future possible use?
edit: the henbane part that is. and they went with belladonna