Hostile Animals

How about a DLC with some medival torturing techniques and a Charakter with @ProkyBrambora motion captured face in it as the victim?
Doesn’t sound punishing right, does it? :innocent:

But we were often told that the sound makers are crazy guys. So I just would ask me how would they get those scary crys and painfull moaning? :japanese_ogre:

Without kidding, I just don’t want spoiling the game and I have to be strong because there is this little man in my head who is demanding more information. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Once upon a time, wildlife was a lot more populus than nowadays. :wink:

Ofcourse the wildlife at this time was more populus no doupt. Neverless the generall rule that a larger animal needs a larger territory did’t change and also the same aera must feed more herbivores and omnivores as carnivores.

And hold in mind what would you do as peasant or his liege lord when a bear or fox is killing the livestook of sheps or chickens etc.? I belive the lord and the peasant would like to kill the predators because the peasant and his family could starve and the lord will get lesser contributions in the long run.

1 Like

Yes, hunting was very popular back then. Maybe the only sport, which sadly was exercized only by the nobles. If a peasant poach inside his lord’s woods, this usually ended badly for the peasant. Of course, predators that were menacing livestock and/or humans were hunted down.

I think the auto-lock combat system with scripted animations is the reason we don’t have bears in the game. It is just that the bear won’t stay upright on its legs and trade blows against Henry, parry his strikes etc. That ruins the perspective :slight_smile:

That was my first thought aswell, but then we learned there will be wild boars… and those are aggressive, so maybe they will attack us? In that case they probably found some workaround…

1 Like

I’m curious if they have implemented boar spears.

1 Like

Wolves were also planned:
image¨

But they were probably cancelled alongside dog combat.

1 Like

I would like more Wildlife, too
Maybe that could be added in Part II
I believe the Game will be a good success so I guess they will have the manpower/money to do so :slight_smile:

could they add them in a later date as an update? those woods would be really lonely without some howling boi’s

I guess this is big opportunity for modders to add a lot of stuff into those "empty"places in the woods. We are used for encounter on every corner. To compare, I was a bit disappointed when I traveled long distances in Gothic 3 desert without meeting single life and no flowers to collect, it was obvious game was rushed to release and I hope at least those woods in KCD would have atmosphere and birds singing and I will not see borders of map as empty plains. I like to reach borders in games to discover some hidden places or treasures, but never found anything interesting.

That is great!

where can i find these bores

There are places / hunting grounds in the woods like those for deers.
Good luck if you stumble into those during nights.

1 Like

even the boars run away from you
there is no animal combat whatsoever, dogs are useless woof woof
you can straight out punch them and they’ll do nothing

rushed release? feels like.